Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to filter specific file types when importing in Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm working on relearning some of my Lightroom skills after a long hiatus and am using a Mac.  On a recent photo shoot, I realized I had RAW(Canon CR2) and JPG capture set.  Fortunately, I didn't just have JPG set!!  Obviously I'd prefer to just import the RAW files to work on and store in the cloud.

When I click to "add photos", from my SD card, it shows all the photos (both RAW and JPG), but I can't see an obvious way to filter the window so I only import the RAW photos.  There are over 1,000 photos on the card, so individual selction will take a long time.  

Does anyone know how I can set it up to only import the RAW files and skip the JPG files?  If there isn't a way, is there an easy way to do this, post-import?

Thanks so much for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the same exact problem. It is such a basic feature, it's infuriating that in 2022 it's still not done.

Importing is literally the entry point into the Adobe system, and they effed it up right from the beginning.

Naïvely I thought Adobe hired professional product managers.

This makes me want to switch to the competition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can filter on file extension (type 'extension' in the search field) after you imported them all. So filter on .jpg and then delete all those images again. If you have other jpeg images in Lightroom that you do not want to delete, then import into a new album so you can filter in that particular album, or filter by date as well.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. And: no, I do not want to import the JPGs first and then delete them again... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the Rolling Stones already sang: "You can't always get what you want".

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may have been exactly that kind of attitude of product managers that killed companies like Nokia 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines