• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to force LR to import what it deems duplicates?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have confirmed I have a set of Canon CR2 files that have NOT been imported. But LR thinks they have already been added.

I have renamed the files but LR is too clever and still says the images have been imported. My second wedding shooter had two canon bodies and perhaps the other body alreadyu used some of the meta data LR uses to detect dups?

How do I get them in?

Add another item to my wish:

1. Print module

2. Selective import

3. Force import even if LR detects dups

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Which version of Lightroom are you using? From what you wrote it seems like you are using Lightroom desktop.

There is no official option or set way of importing the images that are showing up as duplicates in Lightroom.

One way is to act whenever you move photos that are already in the Lightroom catalog, you don't re-import them. You just tell Lightroom where the new files are located. In Lightroom, the folder icons of the folders you moved should have a question mark next to them. Right-click on the folder and choose the option to locate the folder. If you do this on a top-level folder, it will find all the sub-folders, assuming you didn't rename them.

For other options like Selective import and Print module in Lightroom desktop. I'd recommend that you please share this as a feature request here: Lightroom CC
This forum is monitored by our developers and they might look into it for future updates.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life is funny, Akash

I am using the Cloud version. I use the Classic desktop when I need to Print and Export since Cloud does not have those features.

If you share how LR CC detects dups, that will help me.

At the moment, I am stuck importing the images into Classic. This is no good as now my Wedding gallery is not complete in CC if I have a chunk of them in Classic.

How do I get past the CC detection of Already Imported?

Best,

Michael.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael, Thanks for the heads up. Lightroom desktop detects images based on the filename and if that is detected same, it would return them as duplicates. In order to get past the "already imported" images, I'd suggest that you rename them within Lightroom and let the app sync them to the cloud. Let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Akash - thanks for your reply. So there is no solution for LR Cloud version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a good solution but it works. In LrC change ALL the photos to DNG. In the Finder, find these DNG photos. Add the DNG photos to Lr. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines