• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Chromatic Grain Slider

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the grain slider works well for adding raslisic film texture to the image, but why is there no option for a chromatic grain adjustment. The grain introduced is only monochromatic, while film grain in real life has colors.

In Video editing software like davicni resolve, there are grain filters where you can adject the color values of the grain aswell. I think this should be implimented in the adobe grain slider

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, sorry if it's not. But I've been trying to add grain to my landscape shots but can't get it to look authentic or pleasing. I think this shot has got what I'm looking for, I'm just not sure if it's acheived in-camera or in Lightroom using a process/preset/technique I don't know yet:

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A "pleasing" grain effect is very subjective and open to interpretation. Grain can be used to simulate photographic film looks, or to add an artistic effect, or to make a photo look aged, or to disguise noise, or a number of other purposes. What are you trying to achieve with adding grain? It will help us if we better understand your vision and goal.

Next, please let us know some details about your image - pixel dimensions, file type, etc. Please also tell us what settings you are using for adding grain, as the settings will vary depending on file size and resolution.

Also, grain is hard to see in a reduced size image as you posted; it would be good to post a small patch of your image at 100% zoom level to help us see what you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would love better grain in Lightroom. As it is right now it just looks bad. Like a milky transparent noise dot texture. I would love if Lightroom had grain like dehancer, trying to really simulate how grain works and how a picture is made from exposed and developed crystals instead of just a really fake looking transparent overlay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would love if Lightroom had better looking / more realistic film grain. 
Maybe something like in dehancer. But feel free to find your own (maybe even better) solution 🙂 This must be possible with today's tech, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate