• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Intersect Mask with Lightroom (cloud-based)

Participant ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new masking options was interesting. But I have a question?

Is it possible to use the command "Intersect Mask with" also in Lightroom cloud based?

The command was very powerfull in Lightroom classic but seems not present in Lr cloud.

Any suggestion?

If not present I suggest to introduce it as soon as possible.

TOPICS
Android , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Lightroom Desktop did not have a legacy workflow using Range Mask as did Classic and Camera Raw. 

To accomplish an Intersect on the Desktop/Mobile clients use Subtract+Invert.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Desktop did not have a legacy workflow using Range Mask as did Classic and Camera Raw. 

To accomplish an Intersect on the Desktop/Mobile clients use Subtract+Invert.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this choice questionable. This is a new instrumet for all the three software Lr - Lrc - Cr but we have some difference from the launch date.

I suggest leveling the potential of the three software.

Moreover Lr and Lrc can work in the same image when a image is in a synced folder, so please evaluate to have same workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with the other comments here. Intersect was the default (and only) option in Lightroom Classic since range masks were introduced. I do not understand why the improved masking functionality would be added without the Intersect option. As you stated, it can be accomplished with Subtract+Invert, but why not just add Intersect directly as an option rather than making users go through the mental gymnastics of thinking about inverting the mask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this. Intersect is probably the boolean operation I use most in Lightroom Desktop, and I was surprised to not be able to find it in Lightroom Mobile on the iPhone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines