• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to locally save the changes made with Lightroom CC in order to import them in LIghtroom Classic

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

Context:

I started using Lightroom (the cloud-based one) without realizing at the beginning that everything was synchronised into the cloud by default. I quickly reached the 20Gb limit, and went up to 21Gb of data.

Therefore, I moved to Lightroom Classic as I prefer all my RAW, edits and JPEG edits locally stored.

What I did :

I managed to synchronize all the Cloud files from Lightroom (cloud-based) to Lightroom Classic. No issue here.

Problem :

As I had an extra 1Gb of storage, I had to delete photos from Lightroom (cloud-based) to free up some data and enable the sync of data again (I have 60 days to get them back I think).

I was expecting for Lightroom Classic to keep this photos, but they were removed as well...

I tried to import these pictures with Lightroom Classic, but if I do so, I do not get my edits that are not locally stored. I just get the original raw file...

What I am looking for :

Basically, I want the changes and edits to my pictures that I made on Lightroom (cloud-based) to be locally stored and readable by Lightroom Classic when I import the pictures again.

I know in Lightroom Classic, we can activate an option "Automatically write changes into XMP" such that the changes are stored locally and readable by other application.

Is there a similar option in Lightroom (cloud-based) or the changes in the clouds will always stay in the cloud ?

Note:

- I read the thread, which didn't offer a solution : https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based/xmp-file-storage-in-lightroom-cc/m-p/...

- I know I can get all the pictures from Lightroom CC to Lightroom Classic but activating the sync BUT it means some of my edits will be on the cloud, 1Gb of pictures will be lost (as I reached 21Gb of storage), and the rest of my edit will be local via Lightroom Classic.

I really like the new interface of Lightroom CC, but I really struggle with the cloud-based storage while I prefer local back-up..

Thanks 🙂

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

The simple solution is to use Lightroom Classic to delete the pictures from the cloud. Specifically, all your currently synced images can be seen in the All Synced Photographs special collection which you'll find in the Catalog Panel in Lightroom Classic. So if you simply remove some/all of the synced images from that collection (select that special collection, right-click on the images you want to remove from the cloud, select "Remove from All Synced Photographs"), that will delete those images

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple solution is to use Lightroom Classic to delete the pictures from the cloud. Specifically, all your currently synced images can be seen in the All Synced Photographs special collection which you'll find in the Catalog Panel in Lightroom Classic. So if you simply remove some/all of the synced images from that collection (select that special collection, right-click on the images you want to remove from the cloud, select "Remove from All Synced Photographs"), that will delete those images from the cloud while keeping them in Classic. That in turn frees up space in your cloud account, allowing the remaining 1GB of images to upload from wherever they are, and they'll then download into Classic. If you then no longer want them to stay in the cloud in the original form, remove them from All Synced Photographs. When that is done you can re-sync all your images from Classic to the cloud (if you want the ability to see all your images on mobile devices), that only uploads Smart Previews (2560 px on the long edge), but the smart previews do not count against your cloud storage allocation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear @Jim Wilde ,

Thanks for your advise. I followed your instructions and was able to recover all my pictures on Lightroom Classic, with the appropriate edit to each of them. I will have a try with the Smart Preview uploads. Thank you very much again.

Note to Adobe: I would have wished Adobe to have made the transition smoother, as a) the option wasn't obvious to me at first b) now I have my pictures all in a single folder instead of being them organize by albums. I need to reorganize everything c) I am really not sure if I transfered 100% of my pictures or if I miss some.

I wish I had used Lightroom Classic from the beginning... it would have save me some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines