• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to recover Lighroom Images

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just moved from a personal to business account and all the images in my lightroom have now disappeared. How would I recover them? Thank you 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom or Lightroom Classic?

What do you see that indicates the photos have disappeared? Show us a screen capture (use the "Insert Photos" icon, do not attach files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's showing up as if it's a new account and all of my previous images are nowhere to be seenScreenshot 2021-11-12 at 14.19.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in the wrong forum. This is the Lightroom Classic forum. You are not using Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is now in the Lightroom-Ecosystem 'community'.

TBMK I believe you will need to-

1) Use the Adobe Downloader App to retrieve your photos from your personal account, then

2) Add (Import) the photos to your business account.

DOWNLOAD CLOUD PHOTOS

Note: Enterprise IDs are not supported.

edits made to the raw images are written into the XMP sidecar files that accompany the downloaded raw files.

Or you can Export all images from your personal account, as mentioned in this link:

The "Downloader" App is more convenient as it preserves Date-based Folders.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/adobe-lightroom-account-c...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you can Export all images from your personal account, as mentioned in this link:

The "Downloader" App is more convenient as it preserves Date-based Folders.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/adobe-lightroom-account-c...

Rob, the Downloader might be more convenient, but it currently has a major flaw....specifically it does not download any metadata that has been added in the cloud. So any keywords, titles, captions, location data, etc. that had been added using any of the cloud apps would not be recovered using the Downloader. Exporting "as Original" is currently the only safe way to preserve all data, IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Jim for the reply. I will modify my thinking on this topic.

It would be so convenient if Adobe could simply swap accounts without the job of downloading and re-importing.

An 'idea'?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other option to consider, provided you still have access to both the old and new account:

1. Login to your new account and create a new empty album which you then enable for sharing. Make it "Invite Only", enter the email address of the old account, and set the attribute to "Can Contribute". Send the invitation.

2. Pick up and accept the invitation from the email, then login to LrWeb (or LrDesktop) using the old account details. The shared album should appear in the "Shared With You" section of the Shared Albums tab, and you can now select all the images in the All Photos section and drag and drop them into that new shared album. That will efectively copy all those images (across the cloud), complete with their edits and metadata (you have to allow the metadata to be included via a prompt), to the new account in that shared album. The benefit of doing it that way is that it avoids the lengthy export operation ,and the even more lengthy subsequent upload to the cloud.

3. You can refine that operation by creating multiple shared albums in the new account to match the existing albums in the old account, then sharing them individually in order to copy from album to album, thus preserving the original album structure.

4. Probably best to test it on one small album first to make sure you have it working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your images are connected to the account log in. Unfortunately Adobe doesn't "move" accounts for users. You now how two accounts, your old personal one, and the new business one.

Several options have been provided here for you but the most important part is that you have the login information for both accounts and are able to log into each of them separately. When you sign back into your original personal account, you will find all of your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines