• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask won’t upload

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I use masks in Lightroom classic on my computer, it creates issues when uploading to the cloud and specifically when I try to access the photos in Lightroom mobile to download them. When I go to the photos in Lightroom mobile that have been edited with masks on Lightroom classic on the desktop, I am given the error message "this photo is missing settings from "alexshp" (my laptop) on [whatever date it was edited] that need to be downloaded before it can be edited. If you would like to edit the image immediately you can reset the settings". I don't understand how to fix this and also have no issues with creating masks on the mobile version and having those uploaded to the cloud. Please help

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, @AlexCulbreth 

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would like you to go to the Lightroom Classsic Application and select the file in question. Perform a tiny edit (exposure +.01) and then move to the next image and then back again. Allow the sync window to clear inprogress syncs. Then check to see if the image is working on the remote device. 

If not, then we want to collect an LrC diagnostic log. 
For LrClassic:

Go to Preferences

Lightroom Sync tab

Hold down [Alt/Opt]

Click [Generate Diagnostic Log]

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a photo I edited in LrC on my iMac.  The photo has synced to my iPad and iPhone, but the Edits did not sync.  The message I have is "Waiting for Settings.  This photo is missing settings from (my) iMac.  How can I get the Edits/Settings to sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Classic community. I'll help you figure this out.

What version of Lightroom Classic & the operating system are you working on?

Apply a flag or rating to some of the images syncing in Lightroom classic & let Lightroom sit idle for 30-40 minutes to finish syncing. Log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) & check for any sync issues on the web. Before making any changes to sync issues, do locate & back up these images away from Lightroom. Lightroom sync might not function as expected as there are sync issues.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, using LR Classic to Mobile workflow, I have started getting "this photo is missing settings from ... that need to be downloaded before it can be edited.

I think it started after I tried the new AI masked picture profiles that enhance portraits, etc automatically by creating local edit masks. 

Obviously the masked edits are not transferring from LR classic to mobile but why is it saying "settings need to be downloaded?" I've waited for days and they are not downloaded, so its a bug. Either say "feature not supported" or make it work, ADOBE! We are paying monthly for that!

IMG_D9DF8E21825C-1.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Katrinochka. I'll need more info to help you figure this out. What version of Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, iOS on the iPhone & macOS are you working on? Does this happen specifically with images that have masks? 

Log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) to check current Sync issues on the left part of the screen.

SameerK_0-1681760021377.png

If there are any sync issues, click on them to know more, find the original for those images, and back them up safely before you empty the Sync issues from Lightroom Web. As long as there are sync issues on the Web, you can encounter trouble in syncing images & edits.

Let me know how it goes,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using all latest versions updated as of the time of writing, LR classic on Mac os Ventura, LR mobile on iphone 13 pro max current IOS

are you saying that syncing of AI creative presets like portrait with auto masking of face skin, eye sclera, etc should work fine and its just some glitch with my particular catalogue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also checked for sync issues and deleted them all (they were all old errors, not related to my issue), but still no pics that have AI masking applied I keep getting "waiting for settings...." and can neither edit them not export from LR mobile. Lightroom Classic reports "all synced". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sameer, where are you? I am still unable to use my iphone to edit and export pics where AI styles have been applied with AI masks. Other images sync and edit properly. Only those where I applied the Enhanced Portrait or Glamour portrait, etc have the problem on mobile devices - settings missing. Is this a bug? Have you reported? When will it be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 

I've had an issue with an image i was working on which when attempting to export all of a sudden came up with an error which says "settings could not be loaded, the settings of this photo are too large for this device" and the only option on the screen was to reset image.

There was no issue while i was working on it but all of a sudden it's too large? 

I've spent hours working on this is there anyway to get past this? I can see my edited work on the screen i just can't export it or access any of the layers.

Thanks

It says "settings could not be loaded, the settings of this photo are too large for this device 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @jackn93971389 

Are you running at least Lightroom iOS version 8.0?  There was a fix in that app version that resolved most occurences of the issue.  Seeing this issue now is an uncommon problem.  Let me ask some questions to help us understand better what's happening so we can resolve this with you.

- What specific device model and iOS version are you using?

- Is your device low on free space (under 1 GB)?

- It seems you may also use Lightroom on Mac or PC... If you uploaded the affected image from the desktop app, is upload actually complete when you check the cloud icon for status?  Is any error shown? 

- Is the LR desktop app able to export the image?

- If the LR desktop app shows sync is complete but also cannot export the image, does it help to make just one more very minor edit to the image (in LR iOS, and also try LR Desktop)?  I wonder if syncing a new edit to the server might unblock this somehow.

- If you sign into your same account using our browser-based web app at lightroom.adobe.com, do you see any folder called Sync Issues?  If so, is the affected image mentioned?  Can the LR web app export the image?

Thanks for checking/trying these things.  I'm hoping some info from the items above will help us solve your problem and learn how to avoid similar trouble in the future.

--Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes the version of lightroom is 8.2.1.

I am using an Ipad Pro 12.9 inch, 4th generation. The version of IOS is 16.3.1

The device isn't low on space with about 800GB free.

I don't use a desktop version of Lightroom but i have with the help of a friend used their computer to download lightroom and synch my library. It has only successfully synched half of my library and many photos on both the desktop and also now on my ipad are showing errors against my masks, see attached photo.

I am having to go through all of the images to re-update the masks.

The photo that we are talking about that i have lost did synch to the desktop but only as the original unedited version.

You mention to make a small edit to tye IOS version, but the problem is i cannot access the image at all to make edits, i can't access the editing functions it only has the option to 'reset'. I see the edited file on the screen but cannot access it. If i click reset and then try to revert to a previous version then lightroom just crashes and closes itself.

I can't see any sync issues folder on the web app.

Thank you

Sent from Outlook for Android<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've sought help with issues i'm having with Lightroom on my Ipad where I have lost access to an image at the stage of export after having spent a long time working on it, with the only option being to 'reset' the image and also issues with Classic on the desktop where my library will not sync across from the Ipad version, and for the images that do sync across most of them have are incomplete as many of the mask layers say they need to be updated and they will not update.

I received an email from Adobe with some help but the email was from a 'noreply' email address so how am i to follow up and answer their questions?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @jackn93971389 

I consolidated your separate post here, as it will be easier to follow one conversation.

I need more time to investigate what's happening for your.  To be honest, the cause of your issue is still not clear.  The error you first shared indicates that the amount of edits applied to your image are so substantial that the upload is overwhelmed and won't complete.  But checking your other screenshots and also the server for additional info, I see indications that the image you're editing isn't available in cloud storage.

If you sign into your same account in our web app at https://lightroom.adobe.com/, do you see a folder called Sync Issues?  If so, can you tell me some of the errors shown in top of the images inside Sync Issues?

Also, for one of the images that says "settings could not be loaded" could you please put the image in an album, and send me a private message with the name of your new album.  (To send me a private message here, just click on my user name)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Didn't realise you had responded as i didn't get an email. Thanks for the response though. I had pretty much given up trying to recover that image but i have just been editing an entirely different image today and the same thing happened again at the point of trying to export, the image is now unretrievable, with the only option to 'reset'. Which this time round i wont click this time so hopefully still some way of gaining access.

I have found the image via the lightroom.adobe.com website but the download is only a few MB, but at least it's there, i hadn't finished with it so hope to find a solution to this problem and regain access to my image ob the ipad so i can continue from where i left off.

Also worth mentioning that the amount of editing and number of layers isn't a tremendous amount compared to some of my images so i wonder what triggers this error. 

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update to my response. The file found on the lightroom website is an incomplete version of the image. The thumbnail looks as it should, even says the correct file size of 55MB, but when i download it's only 3MB & is the image with seemingly only a couple of layers applied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Waiting on settings from my Imac. I worked with someone from adobe online and they had me change some settings and the file did update however, I tried again on another pic and ity didnt work. It appears to be files that I have used the object mask on LRC. I noticed that lightroom mobile does not have the "Object mask" option. only sibjest mask. Why doesn't it have this option? I feel like that is part of the problem and I have many many photos waiting on settings from my desktop. This makes it impossible to share these images with clients!

Help!

Casey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why are you posting here? My thread is about the settings missing and unable to edit or export on iphone, not about "file being too large" Start your own thread!@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you talking about. I started my own thread, twice. Someone responded to both saying they were consolidating there response here. I'm assuming you can see that. I am just replying to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as you. Did you figure it out? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem for some time now and it seems to be a problem with AI masks not syncing across the two Lightroom products. The only solution I've found is to delete all the masks in both versions and start again. Frustrating and not satisfactory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not satisfactory at all. Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing a major problem with files not syncing across devices.  After performing masking edits on my very new and well specced iPad, it will oftentimes crash and not save the edits.  I have now seen a message that the file is too large.  There is plenty of storage available on my iPad Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I'm on the latest LR classic version and IOS version. I have AI masks on the photos I'm syncing and some synch and some don't. I deleted the collection to trigger the synch again and the problem persists. Then I updated the edit to one of the photos in LR CC again (tweaked exposure) and nothing changed. Mobile still not showing my full edit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue. I reported this to adobe last year and they said it would be escalated. One year on and the problem has not been fixed by adobe. Reflects very poorly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines