• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Retain Album View Options

New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the cloud version, I am setting my selections to view an individual album.  It looks great and then it all disappears when I sign out.  I need the album title to display on the information tab and that works great until I sign off.  Any suggestions?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not following what you are trying to do. Which app are you using when you set the album settings, which app are you using when you view the album, and which app are you signing out from? And what are you expecting to see when you sign out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good questions.  I'm using the cloud app.  I also have the desktop app (ver 4.2).

The setting are shown in the 1st screen shot below.  The 2nd screen shot shows how the album title then displays.  All the settings (Theme, Appearance, etc), are lost when I sign

out.

Ultimately, when i search for a photo using the keywords, I need to be identify the album.  I could not find a way to batch in photo titles and adding that in manually seems painful.   

Thanks for any ideas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but I'm still not understanding. You've shown me a screenshot of part of the album settings, which is fine. You've then shown a screenshot of the Info panel for one of the images, and I'm struggling to see the relevance of that. You keep saying everything is lost when you sign out, but again I ask....what are you expecting to see when you sign out? If I sign out of the LrWeb app I see nothing until I sign back in again.

Are you thinking that when you set the album title that it would then populate the "Title" field for each individual image? If so, that's not the way it works....the Album title is completely unrelated to the Title field for the individual images in that album. If you want to set the same Title for all the images in the album, best to do that in the Lightroom desktop app, there you can select all the images in the grid and bring up the Info panel and then type in the Title that you want and it will update the Title in all the selected images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I sign back in I expect to view the album in manner I had set up but it reverts back.

I provided you the 2nd screenshot because it displays the album title correctly - Assemply 2019 on the info tab on each photo in the album.  This is the result of selecting Show Title in the settings.  However, when I sign back into lightroom the next time that title will be gone.  It doesnt retain my settings.   

Using the photo title or caption to house the album name was just a way to work work around my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, when you sign back in and you select the Display tab to check the settings, is "Show Title" still checked or not? It's supposed to be "sticky" and I've not been able to find an example where it's not sticky.

What I do find, however, is that the album title (when it's checked in the album settings) only appears on the Info tab when viewing images in loupe mode if I start from the Display tab's grid. If I start using either of the first two grids, when I then select an image and open the Info tab the album title is not shown. Could you check that aspect to see if that's the same for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, its the same for me.  I have to change it from the grid to the display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.  I think the best course is to just label each picture properly.  Slow and steady!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quoteUltimately, when i search for a photo using the keywords, I need to be identify the album.  I could not find a way to batch in photo titles and adding that in manually seems painful.

If you want to know which album(s) a particular photo is in, use the Lightroom desktop app....the Info tab for each image specifies the name of any containing albums(s) (at the bottom of the info panel display).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines