Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to zoom with details

Enthusiast ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have zoomed into a picture, but the result is not good (pixelized).

Inside Lightroom, is it a "machine learning" mode that could keep a good quality even if I zoom into the picture ?

How to do this in Lightroom ? and in Photoshop ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital photos are made from pixels. How far are you 'zooming in'?

Some AI functions, such as "Super Resolution", may increase apparent sharpness, but they are not 'magic'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob_Cullen 

Hi Rob,

My picture is 960 x 960 pixels with resolution of 72 ppp and 447 Ko.

If I zoom (more than 400 %) with "super resolution" (in Lighroom classic), it is not good.

Same problem in Photoshop in "super resolution" with "keep details 2.0".

On Macintosh, I have found that the Apple software "Overview" has good result on this picture.

But as I am on Windows, I don't find any windows software that could have good result.

Could you advise me a windows software that could have good result ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your image is not very large at 960x960px  (72ppi is irrelevent)

The only best view of 'Detail' is at 100% when you are viewing 1 image pixel as 1 screen pixel. Anything larger (eg. 200% 400%) is only creating more screen pixels to show one image pixel- not good.

I do not find 'Super Resolution' very effective. You will just need to experiment to find a 'Re-sample' function that increases pixel dimensions.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob_Cullen 

You have said : "You will just need to experiment to find a 'Re-sample' function that increases pixel dimensions."

Where to find this "re-sample function" in Lightroom or Photoshop, in order to "increase pixel dimensions" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Resampling" in Photoshop-  Search in Google for ~73,000 results- eg.-

https://www.tipsquirrel.com/photoshops-image-size-resampling-options/

You can enlarge any image but nothing can magically restore pixels with detail you may be expecting to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines