• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: No sync over cellular on Samsung Tab S7 FE 5G

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently (had to) upgraded to a newer tablet because the old one was no longer going to work with T-Mobile. So, I moved my Lightroom mobile over to it and get a message that 'Syncing over cellular network is currently disabled. Tap here to change the settings.' So, I tap here and am taken to the preference menu. There is no sync options here. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, still, no joy.

While I sync over WiFi when available, when I am away from WiFi, I still need to be able to sync over cellular to edit, show clients, etc.

Other posts refer to a Cloud Storage and Sync option, but that is not there. Syncing over WiFi seems to work fine.

Thanks, Chris

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Moving this to the bugs. Updated status to investigating.
Please upvote from the top (not my comment) if you also see the issue.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
25 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help. Which version of Lightroom mobile and Android are you using?

In the preferences menu, the option "Use Cellular Data" is switched OFF or ON?

RanjishaSengupta_3-1649799011836.png

If it is OFF, please turn it ON because:

When you enable the Use Cellular Data option in the app preferences, Lightroom for mobile uses your cellular network's Internet bandwidth to:

• Download an image for editing from the cloud when you open it in the Loupe view.
  • Sync any image adjustments or metadata changes to the cloud.
  • Upload any recently added images to the cloud.

However, if a WiFi connection is available on your mobile device, Lightroom for mobile prioritizes the WiFi connection over your cellular network's Internet connection.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I am on 7.2.1 Lightroom and Android version 11 on a Samsung Tab S7 FE.

There is no option to use cellular data. See attached. That is what is so strange.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any ideas how to tell this app to download from 5G as well as WiFi?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use cellular data menu item is not in preferences menu. Samsung Tab 7 FE 5G. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a few times, no change. Right now I can only sync over wifi. I need to be able to sync over 5G, but I can't turn that on because the option is not available. 

HELP! Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy tab 8 - there is no option for cellular data. Has anyone figured this out?

Screenshot_20220723-182003_Chrome.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. I get a message telling me to enable it in settings, but there is no such option. Been like this for at least more than a year.

Come on Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not an option in Android Lightroom. Please get this fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed! Just updated to a contract tablet for editing. This is ridiculousness

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE been on hold an hour.......... I need this fixed this is insane! Sincerely person with only cellphone data!     HELLOO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same issue. Just bought a larger tablet to edit my photos and can't share albums due to no cellular data Option. Not everyone has wifi available. People want to see the pictures I took for them and I can't share an album!

If anyone knows of another editing app that has masking please post. Thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you guys seriously not going to fix this issue?  Not a good look.  Might cancel everything adobe if this lack of support is representative of how Adobe treats their customers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Joseph28271862l2ld 

Thanks for reaching out. We understand the concern and urgency. Which version of the application are you using? Please  reinstall using the Samsung galaxy store and let us knoww if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the app using the Samsung (Galaxy Store) App, but still the "Use Cellular Data" option is unavailable on my tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! I am so frustrated and need this fixed to edit client photos. I don't know what else to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this to the bugs. Updated status to investigating.
Please upvote from the top (not my comment) if you also see the issue.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is NO OPTION to choose cellular. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, almost a year since I first reported this and still no fix. Just in March this year did it get moved to bugs. It actually started working on cellular, though still no option to select, then it stopped today. Deleted the app and reinstalled. No go. I have a bunch of photos to edit before Friday and I cannot do it remotely now and must wait until I am back in my studio. Tools are supposed to make my job easier instead I will be up all hours of the night to finish something I should be able to work on now. I am looking for another solution. Adobe used to be the best, but not any longer because they stopped trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need an answer for this @Sameer K  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this issue finally. Uninstall all versions of lightroom. Download lightroom v7 (no dpi version) from apkmirror

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/adobe/lightroom/lightroom-7-0-0-release/

Install it. Open it. It will tell you to,upgrade hit no. Then it allows you to enable cellular sync the option is there to do so. Enable it then close lightroom. O0en it back up hit upgrade use the GOOGLE PLAY STORE, and upgrade to the newest version. The option fo enable or disable cellular isn't there but it remembers your selection and walaa cell sync works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this issue finally. Uninstall all versions of lightroom. Download lightroom v7 (no dpi version) from apkmirror

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/adobe/lightroom/lightroom-7-0-0-release/

Install it. Open it. It will tell you to upgrade hit no. Then it allows you to enable cellular sync the option is there to do so. Enable it then close lightroom. Open it back up hit upgrade use the GOOGLE PLAY STORE, and upgrade to the newest version. The option to enable or disable cellular isn't there but it remembers your selection and walaa cell sync works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Status update on this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sameer K, what is the status of this bug fix almost a year old?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely this cannot be that difficult to resolve. Adobe apparently doesn't care and is pushing me away. There are a lot of great products out there I'm checking out.

Adobe, you may not care about me, but if you ignore enough people, you will probably see more loyal users jump ship.

Please fix this. The workaround earlier in the thread works, but why should we still have to rely on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to inform anyone that needs a fix if you follow my method above it does fix the issue.

That being said adobe doesn't seem to care much about the android user so don't expect much in any form of fix anytime soon. How do we have full version apps for iOS and not android. How can we not even get a simple fix like this worked on. Come on guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This still isn't fixed till this day I just bought a expensive galaxy tablet to edit on but nope it won't sync  

17123539815178987631998388966310.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate