• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't add pictures to Photoshop Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the free trial of lightroom so i can try it out. For some reason I can't add any pictures. None of the features are working

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see when you launch the application? Can you add a screenshot to your reply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what i see. Notice the plus symbol is grey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

beilyf60092870​ Can you attach a screen capture?

Did you create an Adobe account, and sign into that account? You need an account even for the free trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the menu work?

File >> Add photos

Or import by pressing the keys: Ctrl+Shift+i

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. the menu does not work. yes! i signed up for an adobe account

[Moved from Lightroom CC to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up – Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Lightroom CC — The cloud-based photo service forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem, except I purchased the full version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniell,

Are you signed in with the same username and password you used to purchase your subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to share my solution to this problem in the hope that it helps someone else at some point.  I too encountered this problem, tried all the solutions in the various forum posts, videos, etc.  In an effort to get done what I was trying to do, I tried another editing app I have and it threw up a couple errors regarding access permissions to various files and folders.  Upon checking the permissions for those folders, I found the account I was operating was not listed as having read/write permissions for the folders and files.  I then checked my Lightroom folders and files and found the same thing.  I proceeded to add access to the account I was using for all the folders and enclosed items (i.e. files and other folders) and I relaunched Lightroom.  I was then able to use both "Add photos" command from both the window and menu.

Hope this helps someone else.  Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. That fixed it for me, too I think, although the settings were the same for Photoshop and Illustrator which both open and run without issue. Instead of trying one by one, I allowed R/W for Everyone, and for each individual account. After it worked, I reverted everything back so that "system" an "admin" have r/w access, and read-only for Everyone, and it still works ok.

One note, which may or may not help somebody is that I was originally opening it from Spotlight Search, and when it finally worked I had opened it from the Creative Cloud app after restarting it. Not sure if there was a mismatch with the license or something else, but could be worth trying all those things if nothing else works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain the steps in more detail?

have the same issue...

thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  I am having the same issue (had to reinstall Lightroom after my computer was fixed) but do not know how to change the permissions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest Googling "how to change folder permissions on Mac (or Windows)."  I only have experience doing this on my Mac, so if you're on a Windows based PC (or other?), I can't help there.  But if you're on a Mac, Apple has this support article:  https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-permissions-for-files-folders-or-disks-mchlp1203/mac

Essentially, you need to:
1) In Finder, locate the folder you want access to and select it (by clicking on it once)
2) go to the File menu at the top of your screen and choose "Get Info"
3) At the bottom of the window that opens, you should find a section called "Sharing & Permissions"
4) Make sure the name of the account you are using to access that folder is in the list
5) If your account is not listed, click the plus box below the list and select the account you want to add and click "Select" (you may need to be an admin to be able to do this step)
6) after adding the account to the list, change the Privilege label for that account to read "Read & Write"
7) close the Get Info window and the account should now have access to that folder

(a note: I found that despite "Everyone" appearing in Name column of Sharing & Permissions, and with "Read & Write" privileges, I still wasn't able to access the folders through Lightroom.  I had to add the specific account. YMMV.)

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By account, do you mean System account? How do you know what account to add?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines