• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't import from my SD card for my Panasonic on my iPad

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I picked up a used Panasonic DC-GX880K and strangly when I plug in it's MicroSD card neither the the JPG files nor the raw files (.RW2) are showing up as valid imports in iPad Lightroom.  I can import them in cloud based MacOS Lightroom just fine (second screenshot) but in iPad "Add Photos -> From Camera Device" it just spins for ever presumably searching for photos, and in "Add Photos -> From Files" I can selet the files but when I click "open" it doesn't import them. 

What could possibly cause such an error?  

This replaces an old Olympus OM-D which broke, and using the same card.  However, I did format the card in the camera.  Could the format somehow be causing the problem?  

I am 99.5% sure that I could access the photos from the new camera when the new camera was adding files to the card before I reformatted it (when the card still had it's format from the old camera.)  I might have some cards formatted from the old camera (which just broke) so I could perhaps verify this with 100% accuracy.  

1. Version of the App: v 7.3.3 AC0CCD/29

2. Platform and OS Version: iPad Pro, iPad OS 15.5

3. Plug in an SD card formatted in a Panasonic DC-GX880K camera that has photos on it from that camera, click "add photos" -> "from camera devices"

4. Expected result: shows some photos to import.  Actual result: progress wheel spins forever, no photos show.

5. Notes: files show in Files app on the iPad, and can be imported on the MacOS version of Lightroom. 

Screenshot from iPad (no photos show):

IMG_DF2A5D8C85E0-1.jpeg

Screenshot from Lightroom (cloud) MacOS I can select the .RW2 or the JPG files:

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 8.19.03 PM.png

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be worth checking iOS Settings > Privacy > Files and Folders > Lightroom and ensure that the slider is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone. It was an iPad problem. Perhaps the new iPad OS fixed the problem, but I think the Files App was malfunctioning. I rebooted two more times, and now it's working. Hope this helps someone else. If your iPad Lightroom is not importing photos from your camera/card try rebooting your iPad, more than once. One reboot didn't help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines