Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't use the Lightroom API

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm using the 7 day trial subscription to adobe lightroom. and in my developer account I can't access the services associated with the lightroom API (the gray button). is this because I need to use the full subscription? or what else could it be related to?

I want to use the API to work remotely with lightroom to process images and download them to the server. I'm not going to use user support, I just need my own account.

what is the best way for me to implement this task?

TOPICS
macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for reading this appeal.

my challenge is to automate Lightroom for myself. i am creating an app through which i can:
1) upload presets (XMP) to my LIghtroom account;
2) upload photos to my Lightroom account;
3) run the processing of the photo with the selected preset;
4) upload photos to the server (from my Lightroom account);

In developer.adobe.com/console I created a project, added API, but I didn't get any data except API-KEY. to use the API endpoints from the documentation this is not enough.

also, i can't connect the service with Lightroom which description fits more to my tasks. maybe this could be the problem? (see screenshot)

if you know what else i need to do, or you don't have enough information to answer, please reply to this message, or ask a clarifying question. Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightrrom APIs don't currently support uploading presets or automating the editing process.

We will treat this as a feature request for potential future enhancements.

Please do let us know if you have other questions about our APIs - we would like to make sure our documentation is clear and complete.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your answer!

But in the photoshop API documentation, in the Lightroom section, there is an option: #Apply xmp on an image.

In your opinion, is it possible to use this API to implement my task (described in the post)?

is it possible to use the CC API to upload a photo and then use the Photoshop API to start editing?

In addition, since I need to implement this task for my own account, is it possible to log in once, get access keys, and then renew them automatically, without having to enter a username and password?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Photoshop APIs are specific to that product and workflow and can't be used here.  As to whether you can accomplish your goals in Ps, I'd suggest you confirm with the Photoshop team -- there is Developer support info here : https://developer.adobe.com/developer-support.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines