I don't like Cloud! Please help

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I stop syncing my photos on Coud? I made the mistake to think it is

a backup system but it's not. Lost 14000 photos after a HD failure and now

just get previews everywhere. Want to delete all from cloud and not sync any 

photos anymore. Will just have three different back ups myself. How can I do it?

Best to you all

Petroula

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are subscribed to any of the Lightroom-Mobile Apps, then, by nature, they store your image files in Adobe Cloud storage.

If you need to download all files from the Apps Cloud storage then you may be able to use this-

DOWNLOAD CLOUD PHOTOS

Only after confirming that all files have downloaded should you consider deleting files from the Adobe Cloud.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version of Lightroom were you using?

If you use Lightroom Classic and synced all your images to the Adobe Cloud, be aware that LrC only uploads Smart Previews of your original files. These SPs would therefore be pretty useless if you lost the local HD that contained your originals (and didn't have a proper backup of them). To delete all the smart previews from the cloud, login to your LrWeb account via your browser (lightroom.adobe.com, use the same Adobe ID credentials as you use for LrC), click on your avatar top right of the browser window, select Account Info from the drop-down menu, then you'll see the option to delete the Lightroom Library (all your assets stored in the cloud). But only do that if you are certain that you want to delete everything from the cloud.

If you were using the Lightroom desktop app, everything you synced to the cloud would be full original files and they should still be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines