• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I guess better late than never, but another Aperture question for 2021...(cross post)

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems i really can't squeeze it out any longer. My wife has a new M1 i got for her, my two macs are aging, and i don't wantto go past mojave, and i also have a PC in the mix. and a fancy new NAS to decentralize everything.

I think i'm going to make the dreaded (for me, just due to more than a decade in) jump from Aperture to lightroom. 

I downloaded the most up to date i can on my laptop with Mojave (LrC 9). Is the aperture importer built in to LrC still the best option? I've seen other things on the App Store, Avalanche Unlimited, and heard of other things.

I do have a relatively small broken out library i can test this with before doing the rest, but i just wanted to check in with anyone who might still be hanging on or has done this recently if they have any snags to recommend.

Also, can we just go directly into Lr now instead of LrC, is there a reason to do either? 

Thanks!

Will be cross posting in Lr as well just in case it gets more traffic.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have same question & in similar situation. Want to migrate my Aperture 3 managed library (40k + photos) into recently added LrC on a 2017 MacBook Pro which I updated to Mojave for this import (as recommended by Adobe).  I have 16GB memory. (My LrC library originals will reside on external drive.) 
I read a lot to prep Aperture before getting set up for import. I am now on day 18 and at 74% done according to LrC import window. It gets slower every day.

Should I Quit and if I do, what next?? I need to get this done to know I have these photos safely out of Aperture when I have to update OS (or my computer gives out!) I also need my laptop back since it is held hostage to this import. (Nothing else is open on the computer.)

i have read past complaints and tips on this forum (& elsewhere) but wonder if there has been success more recently with this process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines