• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I hate the new lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way i can continue using my lightroom cc 2015 ??? i hate the new one i hate with all my heart. im having problmes to import my old presets and i hate the new layout and how different it looks. my old lightroom cc 2015 is telling me that i cant use the develop module. i have two questions, one - is there a way a can continue using the 2015 lightroom cc and 2 - how do i acces the preset library folder on the new lr to copy my old presets? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

You were unfortunately fooled by the marketing. The actual updated Lightroom is called Lightroom Classic. It is exactly like you remember with a develop panel, ability to print, etc and will behave and work like the Lightroom you are used to. What you likely installed is a port of the mobile operating system version of Lightroom to desktop operating systems. Adobe calls this Lightroom Desktop which is extremely confusing. What you want to do is to call adobe and transfer your subscription to Lig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were unfortunately fooled by the marketing. The actual updated Lightroom is called Lightroom Classic. It is exactly like you remember with a develop panel, ability to print, etc and will behave and work like the Lightroom you are used to. What you likely installed is a port of the mobile operating system version of Lightroom to desktop operating systems. Adobe calls this Lightroom Desktop which is extremely confusing. What you want to do is to call adobe and transfer your subscription to Lightroom desktop (the cloud version) to Lightroom Classic and install Classic. Classic will take your older CC 2015 catalog and use it. The big difference between the two is that Lightroom Classic stores its images locally and that Lightroom Desktop (the cloud version) stores images in the cloud. Lightroom Cloudy also misses a bunch of features that Classic has. If you don't need the cloud storage and syncing, you should use Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The new Lightroom is a literal disaster. 

(1) In the new lightroom, personalized filters,  have a habit of disappearing and reappearing...
(2) No status of history on the editing of an image...

(3) This is the biggest headache! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines