• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have lost 3 years of photography on Lightroom

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need major corporate help. I have been through about 9 employees already. 2 of them which didn't bother helping me. I need help recovering my lightroom data. I have over 8,000 photos. The story is my email used for the lightroom business profile.  This is no longer an active email address. I still have access to the adobe account.

Anyways, the customer service chat reps have taken me down this rabbit hole where I have to purchase a 1tb plan in order to move that data to my personal profile. I purchased the plan. So now in order to move the data, I need to respond to the email to give consent. The problem is that email address no longer exists. There is no way for me to access that email account because its erased from history. Gone. I even set up my secondary email in case that was sufficent. They just flat out said no, we can't transfer the data. So now im stuck, I am at a point where I want to give up. I have lost 3 years of hardwork because of this.

TOPICS
macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stand.  I know what I am about to say will not help you now, but the info may be of use in the future.  Earlier this year I had one of my 12TB drives fail.  The data on this drive spanned about a 5 year period consisting of over 300,000 pictures and videos of personal family stuff.  I had had drives fail on me before but prior to this failure they always gave me some kind of warning.  The drive would run slow, files and folders would disappear then re-appear or it would make an unusual noise.  Then I knew I better back it up quick.  Not this time.  This time it just dropped dead.  The computer would not read it.

After trying eveything I could think of I finally found some data recovery software that could read the drive.  But it was extreamly slow.  It took over 400 hours of round the clock processing for it to rebuild the disk image.  Then it took about another 100 hours to transfer the data to a new drive.  I only got about 98% of the data back.  Some files just did not recover.

I learned my leasson about data backups.  If the data is important backup, backup, backup.  Now I have one main drive for my stuff.  This drive is automaticly mirrored to another drive and I now use Google Photos as a cloud based backup.  Before I was a stupid cheap *astard saving pennies to waste dollars.  The recovery software cost $25.00.  Using two external drives cost $150.00.  The Googgle account cost $25.00.  So for about $200.0 bucks a year everything is saved and backed up.  To me this is well worth the cost to have peace of mind.

Man I hope you are able to get your stuff back.  I know how it feels when years of work are just gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, @Stan38052244tag3. Sorry for the trouble. I'll need more info to help you figure this out. I've checked the account you're signed in to Community with and could not locate any cases to review.

Could you send me a DM from my profile with all the details (Case number, Adobe email account)?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines