Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm subscribed to Lightroom iOS but Mac version says I'm not

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've downloaded and subscribed via App Store on my iPhone, and when I downloaded the Mac version and put the same email account it says I'm not subscribed

Is the Mac version has a seperate  subscription? I through it's one subscription for all devices

Message was edited by: Moderator (Discussion successfully moved from Lightroom Classic — The desktop-focused app to Lightroom — The cloud-based photo service)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

dj_paige  wrote

Sadly, I don't think there is such a plan from Adobe,

Not from Adobe direct but via the Apple App Store on mobile devices.

You can download the free Lightroom Mobile on iPhone or iPad then unlock Premium features in Lightroom mobile for iOS for a monthly payment to Apple.

How to manage Adobe Lightroom subscription on iOS devices

None of this translates to desktop-based Cloud plans from Adobe. Conversely, an Adobe Cloud plan means the Apple iOS subscription is not required since it's i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscribed to what plan? Please state the exact name of the plan you subscribed to/

What did you download to your Mac? What software are you trying to run? Please give the exact name of the software you are trying to use on your Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscribed to monthly plan via App Store

On my Mac I’m running Lightroom version available on Mac App Store

Both on my iPhone and Mac, I’m singed in using the same email account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not stated the NAME of the plan you are subscribed to. Please tell us what the NAME of the plan is, it must be on the receipt you got from the App Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premium 1 month

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, I don't think there is such a plan from Adobe, as far as I know, although maybe the App store has changed the name somehow. I need the name of the plan as Adobe calls it. Until we get that far, I can't help you.

I also request the FULL COMPLETE ENTIRE name, leaving nothing out, of the software you have downloaded to your Mac. Is it Lightroom, or Lightroom Classic, or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige  wrote

Sadly, I don't think there is such a plan from Adobe,

Not from Adobe direct but via the Apple App Store on mobile devices.

You can download the free Lightroom Mobile on iPhone or iPad then unlock Premium features in Lightroom mobile for iOS for a monthly payment to Apple.

How to manage Adobe Lightroom subscription on iOS devices

None of this translates to desktop-based Cloud plans from Adobe. Conversely, an Adobe Cloud plan means the Apple iOS subscription is not required since it's included in the Adobe plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 1.11.45 pm.png

On my Mac I've downlaoded this:

‎Adobe Lightroom on the Mac App Store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think John Waller​ has provided the answer above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe both John Waller and myself already answered your question. You need to subscribe to the Adobe Lightroom plan (either direct from Adobe, or via the Mac App Store), use the same AdobeID email address as you used for the Premium plan, login to this new plan, and then cancel the Premium plan. If you need help, call Adobe support. They can check your plans and make changes if needed, we are Lightroom users like you, so we can only give advice.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i So, that would be the cloud version of Adobe Lightroom.

current names:

Adobe Lightroom (the cloud app, run on computer all images on cloud), current v2.3

Lightroom Classic (the desktop app) current version 8.3.1

Also, the icon having rounded corners instead of sharp corners is a clue.

If you go to Adobe.com, sign in, and Manage your account, you shouts see your purchase of that application.

Also, if you have not already done so, you will need to install the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, Everything CC revolves around it:

Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

You must sign in via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, on your MAC, and then install Lightroom via the App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also get Lightroom via the Apple Store nowadays. I believe the OP already did that, so he should simply follow the instructions on how to get the subscription.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mohalfares  wrote

Premium 1 month

Premium is a special and cheaper plan for iOS only. If you want to use Lightroom on both iOS and Mac, then you need to subscribe to the plan for the Mac, and cancel the premium plan (because Lightroom iOS is included in that plan). Better check the details with Adobe support, because you obviously do not want to lose those photos that you already have online in the premium plan.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You realy cannot get this program from the App store, you need to get it from Adobe. Be very careful what plan you buy a subscriotion to.

Lightroom, this is the current name for the Cloud Based App, you run it on yur computer, store everything on the Cloud, Less capable, in my opionin a POS

Photopshop, the full Photoshop

Lightroom Classic, the proper desktop baded Lightroom. this is the Lightroom that started out at v1, then 2,3,4,5, and ended (for perpetual license) at v6. Now a subscription,  currently v8.3.1

Avaialable at:

Compare plans | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html?sdid=KKQXH&mv=search&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMI37ves6z54wIVJR...

and/or

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

/Edit/ Those are not for iOs, They are for MAC OS, and WIN OS.

(ah, that would be the U.S. link)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, re-read your posting. Yep I am confused. Just wat app are you wanting on your MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all,  I just purchased the subscription direct from Adobe, downloaded Lightroom CC from Adobe, and now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same issue this week. I started a $5/mo subscription via iCloud on my iPad, expecting it to include Lightroom on Mac, but it only includes iPhone and iPad.

The subscription flow should more clearly explain that $5/mo covers mobile devices only and $10/mo covers mobile + desktop. There's also a difference in storage. $5/mo is 100GB and $10/mo is 1TB. In my view, the current design is a dark pattern, misleading users about what service they get with the subscription. Now I need to cancel my subscription on iCloud and restart it with Adobe, all after having paid for this month already 😣

Honestly, with better information about the differences between the $5/mo and $10/mo plans, I would have started with the $10 plan — a better user experience for me and more subscription income for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Signed up for $3/month plan only to find out that is limited to 40gb and no desktop. Adobe needs to clearly explain the plan differences up front. Not cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem !
I am very confuse. I have these 2 apps on iphone and mac.
on iphone everything is ok, but on mac show this message "this subscription is already being used with a different apple id lightroom" also  in creative cloud i signed in with my gmail.
I read all messages here but doesn't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines