• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images cropping when adding a preset in bulk

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I am having an issue when adding a preset. When I add a preset in lightroom classic its not cropping the image I am on but cropping ever other image. I was having this issue until I did an update on lightroom. Does anyone know how I can add the preset and keep all the images the same size? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really understanding your post- can you explain in  more detail the workflow? Screen-clips are helpful.

What do you mean by "keep all the images the same size"? Do you mean 'Cropped' to the same ratio? Or the same Pixel dimensions?

The [Create Preset....] dialog does not have an option for "Crop".  Normally in Develop module, I would select several photos, turn on [AutoSync], Crop, turn off [Autosync], then adjust individual photos if the crop needs adjusting.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

So I am a wedding photographer. Normally I will edit all my images with my preset. Once I finish I would normally create virtual copies so I can have the same image in black and white. 

When I have all the virtual copies highlighted I click on the black and white preset. The images I have on screen just adds the preset, the rest of them have the preset on but it then also changes the Crop on all of them. I need to be able to just add the preset and keep the crop the same on all images. 

Hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your explanation "makes sense", but the problem of the images changing with a crop doesn't!

How was the B&W Develop Preset created? It it one of the Default installed B&W presets, one you purchased, one that you saved?

Normally 'Crop' can NOT be saved in a Develop Preset.

I cannot suggest an answer as to why this is happening.

You might try a Preferences Reset (backup the Pref file first) which often fixes strange 'glitches'.  Preferences Reset 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank yuo so much I will give it a try.

Its one of the Defaut B&W presets that comes with Lightroom. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, did this resolve your issue? I'm having the same problem and can't figure out how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Megan, I contacted Adobe on chat online, and they logged in and updated my system then the problem went away

hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines