• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Failing with error as Duplicate Files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble importing files in to a new album. The RAW files I am trying to import have not been imported before. They all have a different create date from the ones already in the library. Their file name is also unique. But when I import them, I am getting an error saying Duplicate files. How do I go about this.

This is with Lightroom CC.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

They should delete themselves, there's just a delay.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

They'll remain locally until the originals that you deleted from the cloud are permanently deleted. Initially, deleted files are moved to the special "Deleted" album, and they stay there for up to 60 days (to give you time to reconsider and restore the files if needed), after which they are permanently deleted (and would thus be deleted from the local store). However, you can manually permanently delete the images from the Deleted album any time during that 60-day period (open the Deleted album,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem. I saw that the files were imported with the older name, once I deleted, I was able to import the new files.

But I still have one issue. I keep a copy as a local file on my system. Even after I deleted the old files from Lightroom, these files are still existing as a local copy. Can I just delete them using finder or is there any other steps to follow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should delete themselves, there's just a delay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and appreciate the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They'll remain locally until the originals that you deleted from the cloud are permanently deleted. Initially, deleted files are moved to the special "Deleted" album, and they stay there for up to 60 days (to give you time to reconsider and restore the files if needed), after which they are permanently deleted (and would thus be deleted from the local store). However, you can manually permanently delete the images from the Deleted album any time during that 60-day period (open the Deleted album, select the image(s) and click on the trash can icon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and your insights are really appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download the free app, ExifPurge. Open the file(s) that Lr says are duplicates in ExifPurge. After ExifPurge does its thing, the files will be virgins again, and will import into Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines