• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import icc files into Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just subscribed to the Creative suites and am trying to import an icc file into Lightroom. I downloaded it from the lab and it shows up on my (Mac) computer in the ColorSync folder but it (and all of the other icc files) are Greyed out. When I open lightroom and try importing, it doesn't let me select any icc files. Epic fail! Any words of wisdom out there?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Help>System Info… and get us the exact installed version number of your software. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's a screen shotScreen Shot 2021-10-05 at 10.09.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's Lightroom desktop. Where in Lightroom desktop would you expect to use icc-profiles? I think you confuse icc-profiles with Lightroom's camera profiles. These are not the same at all.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I planned on using the profiles to soft proof photographs that will be
printed by a photo lab. --
<personal details removed>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think soft-proofing is available in Lightroom. Soft-proofing has been available for many years in the Develop module of Lightroom Classic (and Photoshop), where you can definitely add ICC printer profiles; I use that frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Soft proofing is indeed not available in Lightroom. That is probably because Lightroom cannot print anyway.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not have to import icc-profiles in Lightroom. They will show automatically after you have installed them on your system. There is one caveat however. Lightroom only supports RGB-based icc-profiles, not CMYK-based profiles. I assume that is the problem.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I determine if an icc is RGB or CMYK? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check its properties in ColorSync Utility, that comes with MacOS. It's in your utilities folder inside your applications folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please confirm your Lightroom Installed Version Number. 

You've posted this in the Lightroom Ecosystem Forum whose applications do not use icc profiles. 

Please go to Help>System Info… and get us the exact installed version number of your software. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines