• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import LR Library from Desktop LR to LR iOS?

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photos I have edited on my desktop Mac using the LR app and I saved the library on a local drive (300+ photos). After that, I ended my LR subscription.

Now I tried to renew to finish editing the photos but the current LR desktop is no longer compatible with my (older) macOS. So I have had to resort to LR for iPad. However, there is no apparent way to import an LR library into the iOS version.

What can I do to finish editing these photos in LR? How can I access the LR library I have saved on a local Drive?

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have "ended" your Lightroom subscription.! That changes everything.

You will not have access to the Lightroom App (subscription version) on your iPad (iOS). (The 'Free' version does not use Cloud storage unless you subscribe to the "Premium" add-on.)

You do not have access to edit your files in the Cloud (where they were stored).

Your working Catalog was in the Cloud- the local catalog was a backup for temporary off-line use..

Image files on your Mac are only 'backups' of the files in the Cloud. They do not have editing data.

So I agree- "there is no apparent way to import an LR library into the iOS version."

See- DOWNLOAD CLOUD PHOTOS 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify - I bought the Premium subscription for the iOS (iPad) version of LR.  My iOS LR does get other photos that were stored in the cloud from my past use of LR Desktop. 

However, I don't think the photos I need were ever stored in a cloud library - only locally. The LR Library is on my hard drive. It's just that the iOS version doesn't have a way to install the Album/Library on my iPad via network etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to go to Lightroom on the web, at Lightroom.Adobe.com, from your desktop. You can upload your images there and they will be added to your catalog and visible on the iPad. 

I *think* this works for Premium subscribers but I'm not 100% sure. Give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The LR Library folders I have don't contain images - I think they just have edit metadata and file location info. These folders I have from when I had the desktop app (before it was updated to be incompatible with my Mac OS) are:
"Lightroom Library.lrlibrary"

and

"Lightroom Saved Photos."  

The actual photo files are local only.  I don't see a way of importing them into the Adobe Cloud or the online version of LR.  I hope I can... they're about 300 of my sister's wedding photos which I was 90% done processing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines