• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import lrcat does not open

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to lightroom cloud from my v6 windows desktop version.

How do I import my .lrcat catalog from the desktop version? My catalog is not in the desktop cersion Pictures\Lightoom folder. In another folder. If I click Add Photos it will not read my catalog.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must use the 'Migrate' menu, not the 'Add photos' menu.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

Most of my photos are on Onedrive. If I try to add them all that are in the onedrive folder (about 17,000) it wants 200gb space on the local hard drive. Is that the only option or some other cloud solution from adobe or change location to external hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom makes a local copy of images that are imported, to make sure that the import and upload to the cloud cannot be interrupted by a user who thinks he can delete the local images already. You can specify where Lightroom stores these temporary copies (the same location where it will stores permanent copies if you want to stores these) in the preferences, but you cannot turn it off.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Information for Migrating a v6 Catalog to the Cloud is to be found here-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/migrate-from-classic-to-lightroom-cloud/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines