• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import pictures from iPad photos to Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to process some pictures from my Photos file on the iOS app. I I have an iPad 2021 64mb running iOS 16.2. LR refuses to see ANY photos other than a few I imported from a camera a few months back. I have set Settings-Lightroom-Photos-All Photos but that makes no difference. I cannot find any helpful advice from searching. Any advice please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

I think the explanation is as follows: If the images are offloaded to iCloud, then Lightroom can't use them. That is why it also does not show them. Apple Photos can use them because it automatically downloads whatever it needs. That is why Apple Photos will show the images and Lightroom will not.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Photos can automatically offload images to iCloud to save space on the device. What remains is just a small preview, but I assume that Lightroom for iPad will not show that because it can't work with it. Could that be the explanation?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I have increased my iCloud memory to accommodate pictures as the iPad has such a small unexpandable memory. But I would expect the app to show thumbnails, a list, or other notification of their existence? I can easily view my pictures on the iPad so it does seem a bug in the LR app if it can't!

But that is so, can anyone explain what I need to do in iOS to enable LR to detect pictures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the explanation is as follows: If the images are offloaded to iCloud, then Lightroom can't use them. That is why it also does not show them. Apple Photos can use them because it automatically downloads whatever it needs. That is why Apple Photos will show the images and Lightroom will not.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johann, I think you're right. I've been looking at my iCloud storage and I can certainly transfer the lot back but I can't see how to do that selectively. Before submitting this post, I did some research to see if I could selectively send pictures to Lightroom through Settings - Lightroom, but it failed. I'll do some experimenting and get back with my results, this will have to be torrow now though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I gave up on the iPad and downloaded the files from the iCloud website onto my PC and processed them in Lightroom Classic with no problems. I'm not sure I'll ever bother with the iPad apps for Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines