• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import, shorten and color correct videos in Lightroom mobile (ipadOS)

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

I'm new to adobe and would appreciate your assistance.   
i have a number of videos of about 10 minutes each that I'd like to shorten and color correct to brjng out the color.   They were taken with a GoPro with a red filter and light but still have a lot of blue in them. 
i purchased adobe Lightroom on my iPhone and the videos are also on the phones 

at this time I'm stuck as I can't add the videos so I need help with that.  Once I address that I'd appreciate guidance on color correction

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help.

With the latest version of Lightroom, you can now trim and edit your videos. Which version are you using?

Are you not able to import the videos? What is the format of the video?

Would you mind sharing your workflow?

You can check out the steps to import and edit videos in Lightroom here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/edit-videos-mobile-ios.html.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

im using 7.4.2 Lightroom.  Installed from the AppStore today.  The videos weee created on a GoPro and copied from the GoPro Quik software into Apple photo. 
I click the magnifying glass in LR and if I click on a short video , it's brought into LR.  Clicking on longer ones, which are about 11 minutes long, gives me the message "1 video failed to add"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @markbenw 

In the iOS Photos app, can you confirm which file extension GoPro Quik applies to your videos?  Could you possibly share a small sample video for us to inspect?

I don't have a GoPro myself to try your exact steps, but I do have a couple GoPro slowmotion sample videos.  One has a MP4 extension and imports fine into Lightroom from the iOS camera roll, after airdropping it from my Mac to my iPhone.  The other sample video I have has no file extension, and when I airdrop it to my phone, iOS wants to put it in Files and not the camera roll, and Lightroom doesn't recognize it as a compatible video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the questions/advice Ranjisha shared, let me say that if the challenge with your GoPro videos is getting them from a desktop computer storage to Lightroom Mobile, there is an alternative. 

With a Lightroom Mobile subscription, you can also sign into the Lightroom Web app on any desktop web browser, at https://lightroom.adobe.com/ 

Importing images and video is as easy as drag&dropping files and folders from your desktop into All Photos or specific albums in your Lightroom account as shown in the web app.  

Currently Lightroom iPad color adjustments are limited to the color sliders.  Color mixing/grading will come in future app updates for iOS.  At this time, those advanced color editing controls are available on LR Android, or also LR Mac or Windows if you have a desktop subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines