• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported iPhone 11 Videos Don't Upload To Lightroom At Full Screen Size

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I upload videos from my iPhone 11 ProMax to Lightroom, SOME videos upload to display/play at full screen on my Windows laptop; however, SOME videos upload to display/play small (almost 1/2 the size of other videos).

Any idea why and/or how to change settings in Lightroom to expand the small videos to full screen like photos and other videos?

Thanks.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing the videos directly from your camera roll into the Lightroom Mobile app?  This will import videos at their full resolution (assuming they were captured on the same device and your device still has the original videos on your device camera roll).  Then, Lightroom for Windows will download and play the original videos you imported.

Since you are seeing small videos, it sounds like you are importing smaller copies of your videos and not the true original videos.  Can you elaborate on where the videos come from?  Did you transfer them onto your device from iCloud, Dropbox, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  I did not know there was an app.  I emailed them from my phone to my laptop, then uploaded to Lightroom from there.  If I were to upload to the Lightroom app on my phone, would the photos then also be viewed on the laptop (pc)?  I don't do editing on the phone as the screen is too small and I prefer a full-size keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I see.  When you email videos, your phone downsizes them for easier transfer because the size of the original videos can be huge.  Those "downsampled" copies of your videos are not only smaller in megabytes but also smaller in display dimensions.  You'd do best to import them directly into the Lightroom Mobile app and sync them to your account from there.  

Yes, anything you import into Lightroom on your phone or computer can be seen on both screens (assuming you are a paid subscriber with cloud storage).  I often import or capture on my mobile phone (including videos) while I'm out and about, and later when I get home I let my mobile app sync and then edit the photos I like best on my big desktop screen.  (I often set Lightroom to sync only over wifi in the app's Settings.  I wouldn't worry about this if I had an unlimited mobile data plan).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines