• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Imported video changes brightness

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I import video file from camera roll it's changing the colors/lighting/brightness and presets doesn't looks like it's supposed to be. Please help to resolve this issue. Thank you in advance 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

@Ana Lucia366433212irv 

If your videos were captured with HDR, then Lightroom will try to play them with HDR qualities. 

You can specify to video capture in standard dynamic range or high dynamic range in iOS Settings > Camera > Record Video > HDR Video

For images that have some HDR tonal quality, users can toggle on HDR manually for each photo in the Edit > Light menu.  For videos, there is not a toggle, and the Lightroom app video player will try to display HDR automatically.

The video p

Votes

Translate

Translate
31 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Which version of Lightroom mobile are you using? What is the file format of the video? 

If your images are synced, try re-installing the application. 

It would be great if we could see what you’re seeing. Please post a screen recording/ screenshot of what’s happening, and we will help sort it out. Here are instructions for making a screen recording - https://bit.ly/3Fkf5Vd.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I attached screenshot with LR version and screen recording. 

981A7B51-A182-4628-99AC-C29E728FEEF8.png

7DBCB36B-D681-4413-80B4-26C3D98626D7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nina26792827j55e 

There is a new app update available today, Lightroom Mobile iOS version 8.0.1.  If you search for and open the Lightroom listing inside your App Store app, you will see the update.  

Does installing the update help?

Reading your post again, it seems like you are asking why the grid thumbnail image doesn't look the same as video.  iPhone captures video in HDR - high dynamic range.  This can videos appear more luminous (brighter) than image thumbnails which are JPG images that do not have HDR.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I found this topic and I'm having exactly the same issue. The videos change their brightness and contrast once added to Lightroom. It does not happen like this when I upload my videos to any other app. And it looks like other users don't have this issue either.. How this can be fixed? I have the latest app version. If I delete the app, will my gallery synchronise after re-installing? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kate29435115nkd3 

What device and OS version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPhone 12 Pro Max, os 16.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kate29435115nkd3 

Thanks for the details.  I cannot reproduce the problem so far, and so it's hard for me to provide an actionable bug to the dev team.  Whether I try a usual HDR video, or one that I've edited in iOS Photos.app, each video imports into Lightroom with the same exposure level for me.

Could you please capture a screen recording showing me your steps/workflow?  If you would prefer to send me the video screen recording privately, click on my user name here to send me a private message.  If you cannot attach the video to that message, I will share an email address you can message directly

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's okay, here is the google drive link with screen recording

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I3a9uA7TQkI2e4lwBVlPmNjEevyqhlWk/view?usp=share_link

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, any update on this? I keep paying for pro version without being able to edit videos in a hope that this will be fixed for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom cannot deal with HDR video. If your video is HDR (the default on iPhones), you will see the brightness of highlights and perceived contrast change because it will display as SDR video. The same is true for HEIC images. They won't work correctly in Lightroom. Nor anywhere else by the way as HDR HEIC images are basically unsupported by anything not Apple and you can't export to any file format that can do HDR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! 

i am using the Lightroom app on my iPhone and suddenly the app keeps adding a filter to my video when i upload to the app. It's brightens the video and I hate it! How do I stop the app from doing this? And keep it to original quality so I can lighten the video myself? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see photos next to each other, the original and then when it's uploaded to the app it looks "washed out" and lightened.  It's driving me nuts!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please double check within  Lr the quality level which is behind the gear icon at the top right  above the video play bar and let me know what is selected? Hope to get a clue about your issue soon. btw do you see this for all of your videos? - Guido/ Lr QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greule,

thanks for your response! 
i am using the Lightroom app on my iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS version 16.5.1. 

how do I find the "quality level" ? 

it seemed to only be certain videos, now it's becoming every video. So when I upload the video to the app, the video appears super exposed/ lighter - but if I then download it without editing it, it saves back into my iPhone photo gallery the same original colour/ quality as I uploaded it (so it doesn't appear exposed/ lighter anymore once it's saved off the app) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, do you have an update please? Please see another example - my video before uploading and the colour of my Video once it's uploaded to LR app without any editing - it seems so much lighter and more exposed? Why is it doing this with certain videos?  

IMG_2037.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have these videos been recorded with the iOS setting HDR video enabled? You can find the setting via iOS Settings->Camera -> Record Video ? - Guido/ Lr QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think they may have been - is that an issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes they were 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answers why I am having this issue with Lightroom but I will add that I am not having this issue with CapCut. So other people might want to try using that app instead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Whenever I import my videos to lightroom, I open the video and Lightroom automatically "fixes" the video or applies some type of filter on it.

I went to "Settings" > "Import" > and I have "Camera Settings" selected.

This keeps happening. I have the latest app updated and ios 17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the app and it seems like this is only happening to my HDR or 4k videos I filmed on my iphone 14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that Lightroom does NOT support HDR video display and will do a transfer to SDR which is sometimes very visible and would look as if the video is getting smothered. Also video display will not show the full 4k resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ola pessoal, tudo bem?

Assinei a versão do Lightroom mobile para edição de videos, porém ao importar o video para o aplicativo o mesmo fica, de forma automatica, com um brilho extramamente forte sem eu ter feito qualquer tipo de edição. Não o que fazer para ajustar, alguem sabe? 

Aguardo respostar, abraço! 

-----------

Hello everyone!!

I subscribed to the version of Lightroom mobile for video editing, but when I import the video into the application, it automatically becomes extremely bright without me having done any type of editing. I don't know what to do to adjust it, does anyone know?

I look forward to responding, kisses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! My pictures/videos are auto being edited after importing on my app. I don't believe I have any auto settings on and the auto editing is ruining the quality and color of the pictures and videos. Is this happening to anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate