• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing photo dng

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom doesn't import photo respecting the camera setting after last update software 8.2.1. can you help me? thank 

[moved from bugs to discussions - Mod.]

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share some more details? Also, please let us know the type of your device.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example if I import a b&w original camera photo, lightroom import colour photo. Lightroom import photo without respect camera settings, import photo "default Adobe" mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera was used to take the B&W images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank to your answer. I use Ricoh gr 3 X. But also the colour photos are imported by lightroom in "default Adobe" mode. Lightroom not imported photos respect camera colours. I selected "camera setting" but lightroom don't do it. My telephone is Samsung S21 with Android 12, UI 4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera settings thing only works for the big camera brands such as Nikon, Canon, and Sony. It doesn't work for android phones and such. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, before the last update software, lightroom imported photos respected colour of camera setting....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will only do that if you choose camera settings in the settings. For the Ricoh camera since it shoots dng files (yeah Ricoh!), that camera will embed the black and white profile in the dng file. Lightroom will only respect that if you choose camera settings and don't ever touch the profile menu. Lightroom has only the camera standard profile for this camera built in so can't do any of the other camera modes except if they are embedded in the dng file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is, Jao, that according to the OP's screenshot in an earlier post they have set Camera Settings as the Raw Defaults. If that is correct, then it would appear this may be a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be. I do know that Lightroom behaves weirdly when there is an embedded profile in the dng files. It will disappear from the menu when you select anything else. That is a bug afaik as it really should respect the embedded profile in dng files and not just make it disappear. That said, camera settings only works for cameras for which there is a big array of profiles (you know camera landscape, black and white, vivid, etc.) and for which Adobe has worked out the metadata in the files, which really is only recent Canikony cameras. For the Ricoh there is only a camera standard profile and no black and white profiles, so this setting can't work correctly for this camera and it really is not able to pick up any in camera settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough, Jao....you obviously know about what other cameras have the appropriate Adobe camera-matching profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did some more research using some raw files for this camera downloaded from dpreview.com from their review and I ran into an interesting weirdness. It turns out that there are many camera matching profiles for this camera that Adobe created. Only for some reason they do not show up. Here are the contents of /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Camera:

Screenshot 2023-02-19 at 9.57.15 AM.png

As you can see, contrary to what I thought there are camera matching profiles for this camera! They are just not shown by default in the camera profile popup but starring them in the browser allows them to show up. I can only conclude that Adobe hasn't figured out how to read the metadata from this camera in order to automatically make these show up when using camera settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines