• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am cropping an image in my iPhone photos app and trying to import the file to Lightroom but it is importing the uncropped version instead. Any idea why I can't import the cropped image?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Does it happen with every image or one specific image?
Also, which version of Lightroom are you on?

Have you tried taking a new picture and cropping it and then try importing it into Lightroom?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A suggestion- Stop using the Photos App. Use only the Lightroom App. Then the problem will not arise.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom room has a terrible crop tool for iPhone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

As I understand, you suggest to switch from PhotosApp to Lightroom App to take photos.

Do Lightroom explore all the capabilities of iPhone 12 PRO MAX camera ?

I have a limit of 20Go for the synchro ... thus I' not able to keep all my photos synchronized ... do you have recommendations ?

Should I keep the iPhone native photo App for videos ?

Thanks for youer answers as I questionning on all those topics related to Photos flows between my iPhone / Lightroom Mobile and them Lightroom CC.

Thanks for sharing your advices and experiences !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, the edits in the Photos app are non-destructive, just like the edits in Lightroom. That means that the original does not get changed, which explains why the unchanged original is imported by Lightroom. But why use two editors anyway? 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tested on my iPhone and Lightroom Mobile imports the cropped version as per the cropped native Photos app photos.

I wonder why the difference?

Software versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out...crop was set at 4:3 so I changed it to custom and everything is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines