• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In grid view, how do I fill the gray space in the cell with the thumbnail?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In grid view, how do I fill the gray space in the cell with the thumbnail?

I need to arrange 12 thumbnails in a row on a small 14 inch notebook display when working with panoramic photography, but there is so much gray space in between the thumbnails in each cell (approximately 30% gray space), making the thumbnails very small and difficult to see. I would like to reduce the gray space to the minimum so that the thumbnail size will increase.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the other way to think about the question is, how do I increase the row height of the cells so that the thumbnails will increase in width to fill the cell?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which Lightroom version are you referring to? You've posted in the Lightroom (cloudy) forum, so assuming that's what you are using have you tried switching to the other grid (the Photo grid, which has virtually zero grey space between the thumbnails).

But if using Classic, I don't believe it's possible to reduce the amount of horizontal grey space used in each grid cell. You can reduce the height of each row by switching from expanded to compact cells (or turning off Grid Extras completely), but that has no effect on cell width so it wouldn't help do what you are wanting to do,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines