Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Infrared

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm new to photography and I was wondering if there was a way to convert regular photos to infrared colors in Lightroom, without having to switch to Photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless modified, cameras have an infrared filter that only admits 'visible' colors to the sensor.

You can experiment with the RGB colors in Lightroom using the Tone Curve or Local Adjustments with the Hue Slider.

(Hint: You can add a Gradient to 100% of an image by dragging the cursor from outside the image and 'away' from the image.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This dude gives you a super easy path 

I find the best results come from vivid blues and greens convert nicely 

def shoot raw 

and I slap a Hoya 72 IR filter on my Sony rx 10 m4 and it really adds an unconditional element and source of motivation and inspiration , becuase the key time frame for Actual IR photo is during the time When the light is most harsh 

so you never have to struggle with the inner chatter of to go or not to go shooting. https://youtu.be/DEQNcRUy3Gc ps if your camera phone is able to download the Photoshop camera ap 

they just added a Infared filter when you use the camera !!! Not perfect but it satisfies my craving for that surreal mystical nature to the world of it ! Happy travels 
gothicserpantphotos IG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines