• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

10.3 Performance

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Against my better judgement, I installed the newest version of Lightroom Desktop (Classic) 10.3 (13.3 camera raw). I previously had the very stable and fast version 9.4, but since that version didn't support the Nikon mirroless images I had to upgrade without doing a whole bunch of shenanigans to get LR to injest the mirrorless files into a catalog. 

Here are the issues with 10.3 (this seems to always be a thing whenever a new version comes out!) 

- healing brush is slow as molasses, it's basically impossible to work at that speed! When I apply my preset and then try to zoom in on a face, and some other areas to remove some things, there's a 3-5 second delay in when removing anything. LR basically freezes up

- zooming in and zooming out (esp. if you need to use the spot heal / healing brush or smoothing of skin brushes) slows things down to a crawl

Things are so slow I'm ready to pull my hair out! It's taking me more than twice as long to edit same images as before! 

Is there an update coming out to improve the speed????!!! I can't work like this and I have so many weddings to edit! This is the heart of the busy season and since I have a 2nd shooter with a mirrorless I have to be on a newer version of LR. Plus... now I have a whole bunch of upgraded catalogs that I can't roll back without loseing my edits... So, I'm stuck. 

Dear Adobe, PLEASE step up your game when it comes to upgrades! This happens literally every single time a new version comes out! It's like you put out some new (useless updates), and break everything else in the process, the speed of the spot healing brush and zooming in and out is literally a problem with every single new version. Do your people not test things things before they are released?? Seriously! 

Ester 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid complaining here won't help. Adobe developers do not frequent these forums.

I suggest you try https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872 where you can provide feedback, feature requests, and bug reports for the Lightroom Classic.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the LR forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did anyone ever find a solution to alleviate this issue? 
I know this felt like a bit of a rant, and understandably so, as I've been frustrated by it as well, 
But...
Maybe we could ask if there are any tips or tricks to increase the speed of the heal tool for example. 
Is this a problem just for Windows based OS, or does Mac/IoS fair any better in this dept?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The latest version of Lightroom Classic is 11.2, so resurrecting this old thread seems rather useless to me, because the obvious answer would be: update to 11.2 first.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines