Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insufficient Space to import

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 4.00.00 PM.png

First time here. Just started using Lightroom CC. Never used Lightroom classic. New photographer. I am trying to import 676 RAW photos and it is telling me i have insufficient space in my local storage.I thought that I had 1TB of cloud space to import to. Not sure why it isn't letting import. Can anyone help? Please??

Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

When you migrate a catalog or import into Lightroom CC it first makes a local copy of all the files and then starts uploading them. It does this because uploading can take a really long time on the majority of internet connections (most people have really slow upload speed contrary to their download speed) and they don't want access to the images to upload to be impossible during the upload period. Bottomline is that unfortunately for this initial step you still need a large internal hard disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you migrate a catalog or import into Lightroom CC it first makes a local copy of all the files and then starts uploading them. It does this because uploading can take a really long time on the majority of internet connections (most people have really slow upload speed contrary to their download speed) and they don't want access to the images to upload to be impossible during the upload period. Bottomline is that unfortunately for this initial step you still need a large internal hard disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem - there are two issues.  One is the size of your photo cache, you can reduce this in Edit, Preferences, Local Storage.   The other could be caused by where you set the storage location for originals in the same dialogue - if it's on your drive Macintosh HD then all your images will be stored locally there.

I'm finding this new Lightroom really frustrating, as there are so few options - e.g. if I want to store previews locally, Adobe arbitrarily chooses the drive. 

And try exporting your image to a jpeg; there are hardly any options for that!

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VERSION 1.1

VERSION 1.1

VERSION 1.1

VERSION 1.1

VERSION 1.1

VERSION 1.1

VERSION 1.1

I could go on for hours and some users still would not get the clue.

They try to sync massive catalogs/libraries to a cloud system that they are finding fault with at the same time as trying to use it.

Guess I'm just not smart enough to understand WHY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is that I just don't understand the mechanisms behind Lightroom. I just wanna sort through my photos before editing them in Photoshop. And now there are storage considerations that don't make sense to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ebony0101 wrote:

what do i do?

This is a very old thread. What is the issue you're having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines