• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interested in using Lightroom mobile on iOS and Lightroom cloud on my MacBook Air M1

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I have bought the 1tb lightroom subscription which includes the lightroom mobile app for my iphone 12 pro and I can then download the Mac app which I am guessing is Lightroom CC. How exactly can I edit ProRAW files with Lightroom on the Mac with this subscription? When I attempt to do so, they import on the Mac as JPEG files. Is there a settings switch or some additional app that is needed to be able to directly edit ProRAW files taken with the iPhone camera app with ProRAW files saved on apple photos and then imported on my macbook air?

Tbis works very well on lightroom mobile but I would like to also edit the same RAW files on my Mac. 

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

You shouldn't need to even use iCloud and access the photo again as once in Lightroom Mobile it should sync to the Adobe's Cloud Server and should then be visible in Lightroom Desktop.

Photos, Edits, Keywords and Album sync everywhere within the Lightroom Cloud Based Ecosystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

@selondon is correct. There is no ned to try to "import" your iPhone images into the Lightroom desktop app. Just make sure that you do not have syncing paused in the LrM app on your iPhone, and make sure you keep the app opened after the camera captures have auto-imported, to allow time for them to upload to the Adobe cloud. Once there, they will automatically become available in any other Lightroom app that has been singed in using the same account details. Again, just make sure that syncing is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom subscription you have is based around Cloud Storage and photos sync to all

all platforms if signed in with the same Adobe ID.

Therefore, any photos in Lightroom Mobile should appear in Lightroom Desktop (CC has been dropped) if connected to the internet.

You can check http://lightroom.adobe.com/ to check they have synced to the cloud.

I may be misunderstanding something on your workflow though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for the response! Specifically what I want to do is to take a photo with my iPhone 12 Pro in ProRAW format and then edit the DNG file on Lightroom on my MacBook Air. On Lightroom mobile on my iPhone 12 Pro, the ProRAW file is edited directly on Lightroom with no problems. When I attempt to take the photo from iCloud photos to Lightroom on the Mac, it imports the file as a JPEG file and not a DNG file. What I want to do is edit the ProRAW file in Lightroom on my MacBook then same as I can edit the file on my iPhone using Lightroom mobile. My ideal workflow is to take all my photos with my iPhone 12 Pro and then edit the few ProRAW files on either my iPhone or my MacBook but for whatever reason when I try to import the file from apple photos on my MacBook Air, the file is imported as a JPEG.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't need to even use iCloud and access the photo again as once in Lightroom Mobile it should sync to the Adobe's Cloud Server and should then be visible in Lightroom Desktop.

Photos, Edits, Keywords and Album sync everywhere within the Lightroom Cloud Based Ecosystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@selondon is correct. There is no ned to try to "import" your iPhone images into the Lightroom desktop app. Just make sure that you do not have syncing paused in the LrM app on your iPhone, and make sure you keep the app opened after the camera captures have auto-imported, to allow time for them to upload to the Adobe cloud. Once there, they will automatically become available in any other Lightroom app that has been singed in using the same account details. Again, just make sure that syncing is not paused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ahh. Thanks all. Trying to make it too complex. Appreciate the support. Got it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines