• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IOS Monterey 12.5 preview now not working once Lightroom in installed.

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded Lightroom Classic, Lightroom and Photoshop on to my new MacBook Pro which is running OS Monterey 12.5. 

Before I downloaded the above I could preview the ARW photo files from my Sony A7iv by double clicking on the file icon in OS finder using the IOS preview functionality.

Now I have downloaded the above, Lightroom has taken over the OS preview function which I 100% did not want it to do! When I open up the OS finder, go to my SD card and to try to preview my Sony A4iv ARW files by double clicking on the ARW icon, it now opens Lightroom instead of previewing the image in the OS finder. Not only that but the thumbnail for the ARW file on the SD now has the Lightroom logo on it before you even double click on it! I have uninstalled Lightroom to see if this will fix it (I only use Lightroom Classic anyway), but the branding is still there and when you double click on the icon it just says this file if not supported for preview. It was before I downloaded Lightroom!!

So my question is how do I get rid of the Lightroom logo on my Sony A4iv icons on the SD card and get the OS preview functionality to work again! Very annoying and I did not have this problem when I only used Lightroom Classic on my old Macbook Pro.

Thanks for any help.

Stuart

Any help greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a start, you cannot 'Open' any image file in Lightroom! The Lightroom App will only 'Open' Catalog files (in the Adobe Cloud).

As in Windows (my system) you would need to re-assign the default app that 'Opens' files- (ie. Finder)

Googly suggested this-

Permanently change the app used to open a file
  1. On your Mac, click the Finder icon in the Dock to open a Finder window.
  2. Select the file, then choose File > Get Info. ...
  3. In the Info window click the arrow next to “Open with”.
  4. Click the pop-up menu, then choose the app.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may have to add Preview to Full Disk Access in System Settings - Privacy & Security.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines