• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS Sync Failing; Support deletes files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom CC on my iPad Pro.  Traveling, I import photos via the SD card, and can work with photos easily.  However, I have had consistent sync issues over the past year - so often that I am now expecting it to be a problem.  When I contact support, they go through a process of telling me to uninstall Lightroom CC from my iPad and reinstall.  I ask if that will lose the edits I’ve made to photos, and they tell me yes.  They explain to me that often there are 1 or 2 photos that have issues, and that stops the sync.  The troubleshooting methods are destructive to work already done.  I don’t understand how Adobe continues to have this issue, and acts like it’s ok.  The whole reason I use Lightroom CC and Adobe Cloud is for syncing, but Adobe acts like it’s ok for sync to consistently not work, and their support team to quickly recommend destructive steps.

Most recently, the support person had me log into Lightroom.adobe.com and then go to the “Sync Issues” folder.  I had 1300 photos in that folder, which corresponded to 48% completion of my sync that had been stalled on my iPad.  The support agent tells me to delete all the photos in that folder.  I ask him, “will this delete the photos and edits I’ve made on my iPad”.  He tells me “no”.  I delete the photos from the “sync issue” folder, and immediately all of those photos disappear from my iPad!!! Deleted. 1300 photos, and all of the time I spent editing them over the past two weeks.  Travel photos gone.  I’m told “sorry”.  Adobe, you really need to fix this, and fix your support experience.  I had to then persistently request speaking to a manager.  After 30 minutes I was finally connected with one.  I had to press for them to restore these photos and edits from the cloud.  They said they would, but it has to be done by their backend department, and will take 8-10 days.  In the meantime, I‘m not supposed to delete any other photos, so for managing my work, I’m now stopped.  I’m also not confident Adobe will be able to restore them to the state before this destructive support incident.

In talking to the manager, he said that because of the sync issues I should be backing up my photos.  I tried to explain that I’m on an iPad with limited space, and backing them up just to do a basic sync should not have to be the normal workflow for users.  But it shows that support is not confident in the sync capability for Adobe Lightroom CC and their Cloud storage offering.

Adobe - please fix this. As customers we are paying for syncing to the Cloud.  If this cannot be done reliably, you need to make this clear to customers or drastically reduce the price.  To have the work you‘be done - irreplaceable photos, and the edits done on them - lost is inexcusible.  The acceptance by your support team of these issues happening so often that they say you have to do a backup everytime you have files to sync says there is something deeply wrong with the engineered solution.

I would like a follow-up from Adobe PMs or management on this issue.  I don’t know how to escalate this issue, but it’s been going on for over a year.

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened again. New iPad. 4 years later. Same support experience of denial and deletion, and I've lost my photos. Why hasn't this been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like follow up from Adobe PMs on this like before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines