• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Ipad and Computer workflow - manage cloud space

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out a way to edit photos on the Ipad within the limits of my 20GB photografy plan.

I can import raw files in my Ipad with the sd adapter, and the raw files are uploaded in the Adobe Cloud, then I start edit. Next I can open Lightroom Classic, it will sync the files added in the Ipad and it will download from Adobe Cloud a copy of the raw files in a specific folder.

Now, since my raw photo has been downloaded on the computer (and here I have all my backup setup), I could delete the raw file in the Adobe Cloud that is using a lot of space.

Is there a way to do that, without losing the pictures in the album synched? something like a "clear cache"?

At the moment the only workarund that I found is that if I first import photos in the computer in Lightroom Classic, then create an album synced in Adobe Cloud, I can edit photos on my Ipad where I have the smart preview, resulting in a very light usage of the Adobe Cloud, it will remain almost empty.

This works, but only if I'm not traveling.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. That is a great question. Let me see if I can clarify that for you.

The workaround you have mentioned would be the ideal way to keep the cloud storage clear. If you sync collections from Lightroom Classic, only smart previews are synced. Smart previews do not consume space on the cloud.

If you sync images from Lightroom desktop or Lightroom for mobile/iPad to Lightroom Classic, original files are uploaded to the cloud and are downloaded on Lightroom Classic. That takes normal space as expected for original images.

Check this article to learn more about Lightroom Ecosystem Sync FAQ: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html

If you travel quite often, you can keep an external drive or larger SD card to keep the local images, and you can also upgrade the cloud storage on your existing plan from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/upgrade-creative-cloud-storage.html

We hope this helps.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can clear the original from the cloud and get it to be replaced by a smart preview. You must do this in Lightroom Classic after you get home. In Lightroom Classic, remove the images from the 'All Synced Photographs' collection. That will remove the originals from the cloud. Once that is done, add the images again to a synced collection. That will upload them to the cloud again, but this time as smart previews.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines