• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad Lightroom not syncing to creative cloud

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iPad has run into this issue twice now. Called customer service and the only solution was to uninstall and reinstallk the lightroom iPad app. The problem is that I edit an entire wedding, and then lightroom won't sync to the cloud. None of the edits Ive made are on lightroom.adobe.com. But when I try it on my phone the edit shows up immediatly on the cloud. So this must be a bug specific to the iPad app. It says its syncing, but its not. And I have deleted everything the deleted folder on the cloud already.

The problem is that when you uninstall and reinstall the app all of your edits are lost and you have to start over from scratch.

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @joshontybee 

Let me ask a few questions to help us look into this and narrow down the issue...

• are you doing the importing via Lightroom on your iPad, or via another device?
  • If importing via LR iPad, are you using direct import from attached SD memory?  
  • Are the images themselves syncing?  I'm trying to understand if basic import and sync is working, and is it only edits  that are not syncing?  
  • is there any kind of antivirus or firewall security app installed on your iPad, or your general network?  
  • if your iPad won't sync at it's usual location, will it sync from another location like a friend's house, or public wifi?

Thanks for reaching out to us.  I'm hoping any additional info you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upload the files from my PC hard drive. Using collections in LR Classic. Then sync the smart previews from creative cloud to my iPad LR app. 
I have tried using a different wifi network and that didn't change anything. Also no firewall on the iPad or anything.

Its just the edits. Like if I change the exposure it will stay stuck saying "syncing" and the edit doesn't show up on lightroom.adobe.com.

It happens randomly. I can edit and sync for a few hours just fine and then suddenly it will stay stuck syncing and the only fix is to uninstall the app and lose the editing thatbhas yet to be synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this info. I saw another user post last week similar to yours, which was resolved by ensuring all apps were updated.  We released new versions of our app last week.  Please update to LR Classic 12.0 on your desktop, and update to LR iOS 8.0 -- this will ensure that Camera Raw inside of both apps is up-to-date and compatible across different client apps.  If you update, and this stalled sync still occurs, please let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the software and apps are updated. I made sure of that and also double checked with adobe customer service that my apps were the most up to date versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming.  Let me take this info to the developers, see what we can learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines