Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad LR can't export on Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm David, i have a problem on my IPAD when i want to edit my Lightroom picture on Photoshop, i have the answer :

this photo could not be shared because the original is not available

Why ? My photo are on a cloud

David

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that you don't have access to the internet so the full resolution cannot be accessed?

Or would these have been synced from Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue for pics synched over from Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and have only found out what the problem is, and would like to share my discovery.

Adobe must have just implmented a change in the LR iPad app [Edit in Photoshop] rule, that only if your photo has the Original Copy in the cloud, then you can execute this action.

For some of us, that means a LR Classic sync Collection with only Smart Preview in the Cloud, would not be able to execute this feature in our LR iPad app.

The workaround is to use the [Open in...] function in the LR iPad app, and then choose [Photoshop] from the list of the apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes indeed, Lightroom Classic can only sync lower res Smart Previews to the Cloud.

Another ooption is to install the Cloud Based Lightroom Desktop in addition to Classic.

If you upload the full res photos via there, then these will overwrite the synced Smart Previews in the Cloud, whilst retaining any edits and then you should be able to export via iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I've been using this feature since it was available and I love it BUT recently it doesn't work anymore and if I try to edit a picture in photoshop from Lightroom on ipad it tells me I cannot because the original picture is not found?? See screenshot.

I did not really change anything in my workflow and these are recently imported pictures that sync out of my Lightroom classic on my computer ...

Does anyone experience this too or know where the problem could be ?? 
thanks you 

Jelle Vans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jelle,

If you are on Lr Version 6.2 then its a known bug there. The good news is we have fixed it for the upcoming release of Lr version 6.3 where you can complete the Interop process with Lr-Ps in offline state if you have the Smart Preview of the Photo available.

Hope this help and thanks for your patience.

Kavita

Lightroom Team

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kavita, 

yes I'm on version 6.2.1

thank you for your reply. I await the update with anticipation then 🙂 

woop woop !

Jelle 

ps. When is this update planned ? Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, this has been bugging me and now I know rge reason, when is ver 6.3 to be released?

Milert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How????

How can Lr Classic and Lr "cloud" utilize the same source originals, maintain consistencey across edits and leverage the cloud features when on mobile??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic only syncs SmartPreviews to the cloud, so if you want full sync then you need to introduce Lightroom CC into the workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines