• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad Photos Not Displaying Camera RAW import previews

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a problem with. Mi iPad Pro 11 inches is not displaying raw files  previews when i connect the usb card.. I cleaned the cache and the problem persist. Could you help me please?78AEB33F-9014-4C55-B5FE-925047F2D424.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Hi,

this might sound strange to try out but, do you see any difference with iOS 13.4?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again.

There are no previews in the Photos app either. I can confirm however that the images are ok after import into Lightroom. I would just like to be able to do the initial screening of photos before importing all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now almost 1 year after the latest comment, it is still not showing up for me on my iPad with iOS 15.1 (Lossless compressed RAF (Fujifilm X-T4)). But on the other hand it shows everything correctly on my Mac with Lightroom (CC) before import. My question is if it wouldn't be possible to use the same logic to show the thumbnails before import used for the Mac app on the iPad? And to come back to the support of the OS itself, macOS is eighter not able to show the previews of the RAF Lossless compressed files in Finder. So Adobe did something to show them on the Mac but didn't use this logic on the iPad.

I hope it would be possible to add this to a future release, since I love the option to import the images on the go into my iPad.

macOS: 12.0.1

iPadOS: 15.1

Lightroom (CC) Mac: 5.0

Lightroom iPad: 7.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Sissing 

In the Direct Import view, Lightroom relies on iOS to be able to display thumbnail images.  If iOS can't do that, then Lightroom also cannot display thumbnail images in that view.  For such images, Lightroom can only display thumbnail images after import when our app as able to process each image and make its own thumbnail images.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines