Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ipad Pro 3 Edit in Photoshop issue - low resolution

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is a bug but it has just wasted a couple of hours of my work and I'm quite sad about it. When working on my iPad Pro 3 I'm using "Edit in Photoshop" and apparently my nice resolution pictures are automatically compressed to 1707x2560 px dimenshion. I've just noticed this when my exported pictures were of low quality. Can't seem to find a reason why this happens and a way to change that. I can rescale the photo to the original size but obviously the quality is lost. 

Can anyone explain / solve the issue and tell me if I can in anyway recover the original sized photo with photoshop edits done? 

Cheers,

Tim

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

If the file in Lightroom was originally synced from Lightroom Classic to the cloud, it was synced as a Smart Preview which as a maximum long dimension of 2560 px. 

If you want originals in the cloud they will have to be synced by one of the Lightroom Ecosystem clients and not Lightroom Classic.  (Lightroom Desktop, Mobile and Web all have the capability). 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file in Lightroom was originally synced from Lightroom Classic to the cloud, it was synced as a Smart Preview which as a maximum long dimension of 2560 px. 

If you want originals in the cloud they will have to be synced by one of the Lightroom Ecosystem clients and not Lightroom Classic.  (Lightroom Desktop, Mobile and Web all have the capability). 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well it's a pitty I did not know about this earlier. I thought that since editing smart previews on other devices does not change the resolution - editing them in photoshop would not do so as well. 

Anyway, thanks for the reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines