Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ipad Pro (v.6.1.0) final photos not able to share in Google Disc

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to use my Ipad Pro without any PC/Mac synchronisation.
Unfortunatelly I have a problem to export the final photos into Google Drive.
my process:
- choose the files - "share" - export to files (or "share to...") - choose drive icon and the concrete file - then photos are start uploading...and then I got only the error phrase: "it is not possible to finish operation, the aplication is not able to communicate with helper aplication"
Sometimes there is no problem to upload less than 10 photos, but mostly I need to finish more than only 10 photos, so then my postprocess looks like manually counting photos and aware not to miss any.
Do you know how to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully use Lightroom Classic with Google Drive. I don't just export to Google Drive, I also perform editing with the master images located there. I assume that you have the catalog located on a local hard drive. That is how I have things configured on my computer. I am wondering if it's possible that your upload speed is just too slow to accommodate the process. Do you know what your upload speed is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jim, 

thank you for your answer, I just would like to be sure, do you use iPad for editing, not computer? How many photos do you uplaod in one selection? More than 10?

The raw files are on the local disc... I can try to change it into google drive app in future.

The local speed is average 2,4 Mbps currently, I checked if it is a speed problem in the past a tried upload on any quicklier connections, but the problem is still the same 10 and not able upload any one more in selection.

Zuzana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I use a desktop Windows 10 computer. I just did a speed test, and my upload speed is 42 MB per second. When I upload to Google Drive it is literally possible to upload as many images as I want without any hiccups. I can't give you any reports on an iPad because I don't have one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for speed check.

I was asking on the official lr support, the problem is with the iPad Lr version. So i am going to change my hw.  Zuzana 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to this point you with my unofficial response. This is a user to user forum, sponsored by Adobe, but primarily monitored and answered by other users like yourself. Obviously, my Internet experience is different from yours, and my Lightroom use is different from yours. Hopefully, someone more familiar with your situation will have suggestions more relevant for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question belongs in the Lightroom Mobile forum; I will move it.

If you're having "helper application" issues, I would recommend you open the Files app on iOS and make sure you are currently signed in to Google Drive within the Files app. Sometimes you get signed out, and then the inter-app sharing doesn't work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michael,

I opened Files app and checked Google drive - I see I am log in, (in Drive app, too)... I am not sure, it is the solution.

After the call with LR support, I resigned in lightroom again, and now there is no option to send any only one photo straight from Lr to G.Drive althought the option/icone to save in google drive is on the list.

Zuzana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Zuzana,

I just tried myself, and had an issue with Google drive while I was trying to save the screen shots below (same error about the helper application). But I went to the Files app, opened a Google Drive folder and viewed an image, then after that all seemed fine. At any rate, you can rest assured the error about "helper application" is an iOS message and not a Lightroom message (I got my error within the Photos app).

Here is the process I'm using to save a file to Google drive, seems to work OK for me for now:

Share > Export to FilesShare > Export to FilesChoose folder and SaveChoose folder and Save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines