• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IPad to Lightroom Classic workflow?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go on a trip with the iPad and edit my DNGs while I am away, is there an easy way to get my images and edits back across to my Mac at home, which uses pictures stored on a NAS on my home network?

It should be a simple case of just turning on sync at both ends, and that seems to work OK, but as there is only 20GB data on Adobe Cloud, I would need to clear out the Cloud store regularly.  But would that also delete files on my iPad / Mac?

Most of the tutorials seem to concentrate on syncing files from Classic to Mobile, whereas I want the reverse :counterclockwise_arrows_button: 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Some users do successfully manage that workflow within their 20Gb cloud space, the key is that when the 20GB limit is reached (and the iPad can no longer upload any more) you have to wait until that 20Gb of images downloads into Classic. Once that's done, you have to delete that first set of images from the cloud, thus freeing space for the iPad to upload another 20GB of data, then continue that cycle until the transfer is complete.

Absolutely key to this process is that you do the deletions f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some users do successfully manage that workflow within their 20Gb cloud space, the key is that when the 20GB limit is reached (and the iPad can no longer upload any more) you have to wait until that 20Gb of images downloads into Classic. Once that's done, you have to delete that first set of images from the cloud, thus freeing space for the iPad to upload another 20GB of data, then continue that cycle until the transfer is complete.

Absolutely key to this process is that you do the deletions from the cloud using Lr Classic only (so that way you know you are only deleting images from the cloud that have already been successfully downloaded into Classic). To delete them from the cloud, open the All Synced Photographs special collection in Classic, select all, right-click and select "Remove from All Synced Photographs".....that "unsyncs" the images, which means they can no longer exist in the cloud and are thus deleted from the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That's helpful. When I remove the downloaded pics from the synced collection, presumably that doesn't delete them from Lightroom Classic's catalogue and drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No they are not removed from Classic, just removed from that All Synced Photographs collection. You'll still see them in the the catalog and folders that they were downloaded into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines