• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(iPadOS) Importing photos into Lightroom - where are files located?

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm going to give the iPad Pro a go at editing photos. I've imported around 4,000 photos into Lightroom from an external SSD.

After importing these photos - where are the files located? Do they remain on the external SSD, or are they now located on the iPad?

i.e. when I start to import these, can I continue to use the SSD as the location?

Thanks

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Also, if you're a subscribed user, and the sync is enabled (by default), the files would be uploaded to the cloud.

Thank you,

Elmira

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos are now stored on your iPad, inside the Lightroom application package. A copy remains on the SSD.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, if you're a subscribed user, and the sync is enabled (by default), the files would be uploaded to the cloud.

Thank you,

Elmira

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines