• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone 13 iOS 15 import underexposure

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues importing images from my camera roll into the Lightroom app. In the native Apple photo album, pictures look fine. Once I try to upload the same image into Lightroom the picture automatically becomes underexposed. I have tried multiple settings and shooting in different formats, nothing helped. Am I the only one having this issue? 

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Pedro5EC1 

It sounds like you may be capturing Apple ProRaw images, which appear as DNG images after importing into Lighroom.  Is this correct?  Raw images do require processing to look as you might expect.  Apple does some processing to get images to show a normal appearance in the Photos.app.  After you import the image in Lightroom, go to the Edit table, and tap Auto.  Does this make the image look more like you wish?

In Lightroom app Settings, you can specify Raw default import settings where you can apply a preset by default.

See this for more info: 

https://jkost.com/blog/2020/06/lightroom-mobile-raw-defaults-versions-local-hue-editing-synced-water... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Charlie.D thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I am still having the same issue. You are correct, I am shooting using Apple ProRAW. I understand Apple does some processing, but I've never had this issue in the past.  Even after specifying the import setting as "Camera Settings" Lightroom seems to process the image before I make edits. The image is always significantly darker than how it appears when I take the photo using the iPhone native camera app. I have tested multiple settings and continue to have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your new iPhone 13 is newer than the Lightroom app installed.  The team is working on a new version of Lightroom that should support the new iPhones.  Please stay tuned...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie.D thank you for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this post; I have been trying to figure out why images are not getting the proraw profile on import, and I couldn't figure it out. All the older iPhone 12 Pro images get the correct profile, but then iPhone 13 pro gets an embedded color profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the color profile to ProRaw, and it should make the phone very similar to what you see in the native photos app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JordanPatterson, the LR iOS team is actively working on support for the new device for the next app update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie.D will this iOS support thein Lighroom 6 Desktop version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@kevint81158564 any current version of Lightroom on mobile or desktop devices will now support images and videos captured on all iOS devices that exist today.

However, if you are still using Lightroom 6, its last update was December 2017 (6.14)  and there are no additional updates that add support for newer cameras/lenses/tethering etc.  A file may be converted using the DNG converter to make it compatible with older versions of Lightroom but that won't include any new profiles.  More info about End of Support for LR6: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines