• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone 14 Pro lost HDR display capability in Lightroom for iOS

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously, my iPhone 14 Pro displayed HDR images really well (in Lightroom for iOS)

I recently discovered that this changed for the worse. Lightroom now reports that the iPhone 14 Pro is not capable of displaying HDR images, by turning the HDR part of the histogram red, indicating the display is not capable of HDR (see screenshot). The actual images is not showing in HDR anymore, so it is not just a faulthy histogram.

The same images display perfectly fine in HDR on my iPad Pro.

Any ideas?

IMG_2915.png

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Just curious, what is the brightness level of the iPhone display, and how does the HDR histogram change if you change the brightness? Normally, as you raise the brightness, the white bars get shorter under the HDR histogram (because there’s less headroom for previewing HDR highlights), but on my iPhone it still shows about half a white bar at full brightness.

If the HDR histogram does not change or show white bars even if you reduce brightness all the way, then that is definitely not normal an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to reproduce an issue.  Some images have more data to work with than others.. Raw images from the iOS or Lightroom Mobile camera will have more headroom to work with than JPGs, etc.  Can you attached a sample image?  If your file type (or a compressed zip of your image) won't attach to the thread, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_2927.jpegIMG_1081.jpeg

Hi Charlie

See the two attatched screenshots of the same image, which has signigicant data in the HDR range, especially the blue channel as can be seen in both histograms. This image was capturted by a Sony 7RM3 camera.

The first is from my iPhone 14 Pro. The red shading of all 4 HDR ranges indicates that Lightroom (incorrectly) recognizes the display of the iPhone as SDR capable only.

The 2nd is from my iPad Pro 12.9. As you can see, the HDR range is not shaded red,  indicating that Lightroom (correctly) recognize the iPad display as an HDR capable display.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try deleting the app and reinstalling it and seeing if that resolves it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious, what is the brightness level of the iPhone display, and how does the HDR histogram change if you change the brightness? Normally, as you raise the brightness, the white bars get shorter under the HDR histogram (because there’s less headroom for previewing HDR highlights), but on my iPhone it still shows about half a white bar at full brightness.

If the HDR histogram does not change or show white bars even if you reduce brightness all the way, then that is definitely not normal and something is wrong somewhere.

Also, I just thought of something else, when I was trying to think of ways the iPhone display might be altered: In iOS Settings, do you have any visual Accessibility options enabled? I did an experiment on my iPhone: In the Accessibility settings, I enabled the Reduce White Point option, and bam…HDR range goes all red. Which makes sense, because that setting further limits display of highlights. I sometimes like to use Reduce White Point when even the minimum brightness is too bright at night, so I assigned it an Accessibility Shortcut, which I sometimes activate by mistake during the day…and when that happens, the display isn’t as bright as it should be. If this is not the answer, I hope that it at least points you in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had reduced white point enabled and sitting at 25%. Disabling it completely solved my problem!

Thanks for your valueable input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines