Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone app slow, draining battery and blurry photos

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Why this app makes worse picture than the built in camera?

ut was supposed to be the top of the line and make great photos.

it is horribly slow, unable to keep focus . If I zoom in before taking the photo, it is horribly blurry and of poor quality( even at low iso) .

and lately it is just killing my battery in a few usage . Seriously one picture cost me up to 5%.

my phone is iPhone SE ,32Gb , IOS 14.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicolas

Can you elaborate more on what your capture settings are?  Pro Mode or Auto, or HDR?  Or are you using the Long Exposure Tech Preview feature?  Any additional details you can share would be helpful.

Is your iPhone SE the 2016 or 2020 model?  Are you updated to 14.0, or all the way to 14.3?  Have you tried starting your device or reinstalling the app (after you first ensure everything is backed up via iTunes device Backup or synced 100% to Lightroom cloud storage if you are subscribed)?

Regarding the image looking blurry, the zoom in both the native and Lightroom cameras is really just a crop (digitally cutting out part of the original image).  The remaining pixels get stretched to fill the screen, and a very high zoom can look blurry as a result.  iOS may process their images different than the LR camera, which is why digitally zoomed images may look differently comparing each camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you for considering helping me out.

some more details:

Iphone SE 1st gen , 32 GB , IOS 14.3 

I guess the last Lightroom version as well

It looks like it s really when I take the photo, very blurry on screen,but once saved the quality seems to be the same as the built in camera .  At least in auto mode.

When I noticed the issue I was using Pro , with a automatic depth of field , I need to run more test before being positive please. 

Although the phone still gets quite hot and the battery drains pretty fast in any mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I think you are talking about the quick review mode that shows the last image captured.  That is a tiny thumb image compared to the original, and will not look as good as the original that you will see after you exit Camera mode.

As far as the device running hot and draining qiuckly, is this during capture, during editing, during sync?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines