• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone Photos and Videos to LR Mobile: Destructive in Any Way?

Explorer ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a hard drive full of photos and videos that I've taken on my iPhone. I'd like to use Lightroom as a long-term backup, but I wonder if Lightroom strips any of the data such as portrait mode. I'd like HEIF files, for example, to be preserved in their original form (no conversion to JPEG). Just wondering how my files are altered, if at all.

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. That's a great question. Let me try to clarify.

Adobe Lightroom acts as a backup and keeps your original images on the cloud under your account and can be downloaded as an original with or without any edits.

Check this article to learn more about: HEIC/HEIF and HEVC media files support in Lightroom 

& Apple documentations suggest situations where the media might get converted to JPEG & H265, and please be sure to check this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207022

Please check this article to learn more: Frequently Asked Questions About Lightroom For Mobile.

We hope this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines