• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone ProRaw issue with HDR

Participant ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This weekend I took some time to really play with the newer HDR features that were released earlier this month. I'm getting a decent grasp on them, and the potential is very exciting. This is a feature I've been wanting for quite some time. I am running into one small issue, and was curious if anyone had any insight into it. 

For what it is worth, I turned the toggle on to always edit photos in HDR if they have the HDR data in the file.

When I take a standard photo in iOS and edit it in Lightroom it goes into HDR mode, and looks very similar to the Photos app as a starting point. Exactly as I expect.

When I take in a ProRaw file, HDR mode is not automatically enabled, leading me to believe its not getting the HDR data. Yet when I view the ProRaw in Apple Photos the display clearly kicks into HDR mode more or less identical to how a HEIC capture looks. I can edit it to look more like the photo looks in Apple Photos, but I'd like my starting point to look like what I am seeing in the photos app.

I've tested this on iOS, iPadOS, and MacOS with similar results. 

Anyone have any insight to this, and why it may be occuring? Am I missing something, or is it simply that Adobe just hasn't implimented it yet?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?