• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to backup or transfer old photos back to LRC?

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As time flies, some photos such as from last year or old photos I would like to backup or transfer back to my computer hard drive locally in order to save the cloud storage. But can this transfer still perverse the adjustment I had made in LR app, and Is it also possible to be accessd by something like LRC locally? We need to perverse the precious adjustment instead of bunch of raw photos right?

That way, new photos firstly processed by LR, and slowly transfer to hard drive to be processed by LRC.

I asked too much?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allan,

Thanks for reaching out. That is a great question. Let me see if I can clarify that for you.

If you are currently using Adobe Lightroom (Cloud), there are a couple of ways you can do what you are planning.

You can either Export images from Adobe Lightroom as Originals (Original+settings), which will also export an XMP sidecar(edits&metadata) with the image, photos can import into Lightroom Classic, and with the sidecar, edits get carried into Lightroom Classic. Check this article for steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/save-share-photos.html

You have selective control over which images you wish to move and put into your backup in the method mentioned above. Alternatively, you can also use the Sync functionality in Lightroom Classic, which downloads originals from the cloud while keeping all the edits intact, and any new changes from either Lightroom are synced across the ecosystem.

Please check these essential articles to get started and better prepare before you start syncing: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html

Lightroom Sync Faq: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html

We hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sameer:

Thanks for the quick reply. 

And I did some research and experiments. I see how to sync LRC and LR adjustments and how to organized them.

But there comes a new question, it seems that LR and LRC can only sync within ONE single catalog. But different people manage the catalog in different ways. I used to put photos in year cateloug, such as 2022 catalog and 2021 catalog etc.

So does it mean that if I work on LR in 2021 and sync all my photos. And when I create the new catalog of 2022, can I continue sync 2022 photos to LR? Can I still manage to work on both 2021 and 2022 photos altogether in LR on iPad? Because when I create the new catalog in LRC, the software will ask me to sync to this catalog only.

Thanks in advanced!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. You are managing your catalogs in an annual or yearly order.
Adobe Lightroom can sync only one catalog, and it will not be ideal for syncing multiple catalogs. You can keep one consolidated master catalog and have the folders arranged by years and subfolders as months.

If the idea to consolidate all your catalogs into one catalog feels overwhelming or does not sit well in your workflow. For overall stability, I recommend that you follow the Export as Original + Settings way.

We hope this helps you decide on your Lightroom Classic & Adobe Lightroom routine.

Thanks,

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Sameer:

I changed my workflow to load all photos in one catalogue, that works just fine.

Only worry if one catalogue can hold more and more photos in the future.

So far so good, thanks!

Allan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines